Podcasts for women come in all varieties.
Some are interview style, like our Girlfriendology podcasts. Some are women chatting, like our girlfriends at the Diva Cast. And, others combine the two like Vicky & Jen. The common element: we all share information that is interesting, informative and/or entertaining – kinda like a great conversation with women can be!
Whatever format, there seems to be an audience of women who share views, enjoy the discussion and who relate to the guests and host. We enjoy learning from each other, like in Words To Mouth (author interview podcast by girlfriend Carrie), laughing with each other (back to the Diva Cast) and being inspired (okay, another plug for Girlfriendology podcasts!). So, we thought a TOP TEN list of great podcasts for women might introduce you to some new podcasting girlfriends and some amazing, inspiring, informative guests.
- Girlfriendology – If you haven’t checked them out yet, our podcasts feature inspiring guests as well as monthly reviews of the girlfriend stories sent in for our monthly contest. Listen in to our own top ten* podcasts.
- The Diva Cast – The Divas are five strong-willed accomplished women who intentionally set out to form a group of honest friends who support, encourage, and empower each other to reach higher, keep growing, and have fun. You love listening to these great girlfriends!
- Manic Mommies – Friends, neighbors, and communications professionals, Erin and Kristin are thirty-something moms juggling careers, children, husbands, and housework…and trying not to loose their minds!
- Dear Zanny – The first relationship advice podcast. Need advice? Ask Dear Zanny! Listen in to our podcast with Suzanne.
- Words to Mouth – Where Readers Meet Authors Beyond the Printed Page…and Win FREE Books. Great girlfriend Carrie interviews amazing authors – listen in!
- Vicky and Jen – Celebrating their 100th podcast! Listen in as they talk with guests and each other about things that matter – like the little things.
- Working in Heels – Quick strategies to help women succeed – great business advice and insight for women podcast.
- Grammar Girl – Quick and dirty tips to better writing.
- Ask Patty – Listen to these podcasts for women about advice on car purchases, maintenance and other automotive related topics. Women can shop for vehicles at our network of certified female friendly dealerships across the U.S. Also, listen in to our conversation with Ask Patty CEO, Jody DeVere.
- Just for Women: Dating, Relationships and Sex – Show host, author and entrepreneur, Alissa Kriteman is a Professional Life Coach and Relationship Expert. She brings a wealth of insight and knowledge to her latest venture as the host of this hot, new podcast. Alissa brings a sassy and bold approach to all that she does.
But it isn’t just podcast for women – but we also recommend: 10 Minute Lessons – great instruction on a variety of topics, InsytWorks – Suzanne and Robin connect mind, body, and spirit; CC Chapman’s ‘Managing the Gray,’ Accidental Creative – creative consulting and inspiration, the Podtalk Divas – Tammy (also has Household6) and Wendy share social media insight, and Smith’s Occasional Podcast – a mix of Depeche Mode with Battlestar Galactica (really!).
* Our TOP TEN Girlfriendology podcasts to date? Glad you asked! (-; 1. Carol Duvall (author, TV queen of crafts), 2. Ellen Shuman (emotional eating expert), 3. Debbie Macomber (mega author), 4. Katie Hacker (beading author), 5. Kris Radish (our first podcast, first video, great author!), 6. Novel Destinations authors: Joni Rendon and Shannon McKenna Schmidt, 7. Jill MacKay (author, designer, girlfriend – interview with me!), 8. Lisa Shepard Stewart, 9. Carrie Runnals (of WordsToMouth and TheDiva Cast) and 10. Lissa Boles (True Calling coach).
Next week’s TOP TEN list: Best Gift Shopping Sites. Ideas? Recommendations?
Any other podcasts for women that you’d recommend?
Image via Wikipedia