We’ve all heard that our smile is our most important accessory. While that may be true, it is generally not enough to wear a smile and an old paper bag. Most of us have figured out how to dress on a daily basis, but when confronted with an event, uncertainty often raises its head.
Fortunately, Girlfriend Guru and fashion expert DONNA GAMACHE is here to help us understand the difference between holiday casual (turns out, that doesn’t mean wear a pair of antlers) and come as you are. And what do you do for a work event that doesn’t specify the dress code? Read on, girlfriend!
‘Tis the season for holiday parties both for work and play. Ever wonder what to wear? What is holiday casual? What is holiday formal? How do you avoid under-dressing or over-dressing? Here are some tips that might help you this season.
- - Find out what the dress if for your party
- - Ask the hostess what she is wearing
- - If the invitation says holiday casual or casual, consider wearing:
- - Red blouse or top with black or off-white pants
- - Dressy jeans with a sparkly jacket
- - Business casual attire (like you do for work) with an added seasonal scarf or shoes
- - Blingy jewelry
- - A great metallic wrap
- - If the invitation says holiday formal, consider wearing:
- – A cocktail dress
- – High heels
- – Velvet pants with a silk red blouse
- – Black velvet jacket
- – Blingy jewelry
You can’t go wrong with adding a metallic sweater or jacket this season. It is all the rave and you can use it for both casual and formal parties. Just pair it with a dark wash jean and black top for a casual party. Or, pair it with a dress, black dress pants, or off-white dress pants for your formal party.
Whatever you choose, make sure it is in your personal style and fits your body shape. For more about your personal style, visit www.DonnaGamache.com where you can get your free e-course “7 Ways to Feel Even More Confident in Your Appearance”.
Thanks Girlfriend Guru Donna for your great fashion advice, like your previous Girlfriend Guru posts:
- A More Polished Look is Essential
- Three Massive Mistakes Women make when Shopping
- Get Paid to Purge your Closet
- Update your Spring/Summer Fashion
- Personal Style – with a Dash of Red (For Valentine’s Day)
- Fit to be Styled
- Quick Changes for Festive Holiday Looks
- True Beauty – 5 Steps to a Beautiful You
- Appearance Matters
- Trendy ways to wear Animal Prints.
By the way, we LOVE guest blogs here at Girlfriendology. Have a great girlfriend story to tell? Want to celebrate your fabulous female friends? SHARE! (And, we also have Girlfriend Gurus – check that out to be featured on Girlfriendology!) SIGN UP for our weekly newsletter and get our FREE eBook ‘30 Days / 30 Ways to Be a Better Friend‘ - check it out!
More to check out – Facebook.com/Girlfriendology and Twitter/@Girlfriendology where we’re connecting with over 70,000 women and Pinterest.com/Girlfriendology where we share visual inspiration and great quotes. More Girlfriend Friendship Quotes. & Did you see our INFOGRAPHIC on ‘What Women Want‘?