It isn’t everyday you hit the BIG 5-0! The 50th Girlfriendology Podcast was posted last night and we’re excited to share this with you! Some of our favorite amazing women called in to congratulate us on this milestone show! Listen in as we reconnect and revisit all the wonderful women who have inspired us through these podcasts.
So, back to turning 50! It’s a pretty big deal. Todd Cochrane, a podcasting guru (he’s on his 400th!) and CEO of RawVoice shared with us that less than 20% of podcasts ever make it to their 50th. (And he shared his Congratulations! Thanks Todd – also from GeekNewsCentral.) We reached that milestone and have so many to do, we’ll just keep going!
Just to recap what’s happened up to here … Girlfriend author KRIS RADISH got us started. She said’ YES!’ to a phone interview and I knew we couldn’t paraphrase her, so we started podcasting. (She also is credited with coming to town on a book tour for Searching for Paradise in Parker PA so we had to start video interviews too!)
Many of these great women donated books to our Girlfriendology contest and connected us with other great women to interview. Several left congratulatory messages for the 50th Girlfriendology Podcast. And, without a doubt, all of them inspired us, and hopefully you, to follow your dreams and live your life with passion (that theme has been consistent with all the women we’ve interviewed).
Thanks to YOU for listening, encouraging and sharing the Girlfriendology podcasts with each other. Thanks for my sweet husband for doing the audio/content editing (they would sound really bad without him!) – Thanks Greg!
And THANKS to these amazing women for their inspiring interviews:
- Kris Radish, author of a bunch of GREAT girlfriend books
- Rosie Molinary, author of Hijas Americanas: Beauty, Body Image and Growing Up Latina
- Kathy Cano-Murillo, the Crafty Chica and author of lots of creative books
- October Girlfriendology Contest Winners and their Stories
- Julie Stephani, editor of Today’s Creative Home Arts Club
- Debbie Lundberg, life coach, author and leader of Tampa VEGAs
- Marybeth Bond, the Gutsy Traveler and author of girlfriend getaway books
- Ellen Shuman, emotional eating expert, founder of AWeighOut.com
- November Girlfriendology Contest Winners and their Stories
- Katie Hacker, awesome girlfriend and beader, author and blogger
- Cathy Hamilton, author and editor of BoomerGirl.com
- Caroline Cheshire, founder of HealingBaskets.com (great comforting gifts and more)
- Carrie Runnals, part of the Diva Cast podcast and founder of WordsToMouth.com
- December Girlfriendology Contest Winners and their Stories
- Shelley Dannenberg, Dylexia consultant who helps kids, parents and teachers
- Dr. Karen Gail Lewis, psychologist specializing in women’s relationships
- January Girlfriendology Contest Winners and their Stories
- Beth Whitman, author of Wanderlust and Lipstick, blogger and women’s travel solo pro
- Margot Potter, the impatient beader, blogger and author of beading books
- Rachel Hamman, founder of National Mom’s Night Out and author
- February Girlfriendology Contest Winners and their Stories
- Capitola Girl, jewelry designer, blogger and creative girlfriend
- Lisa Shepard Stewart, author, quilter and host of women’s event
- Stella Grizont, director of development for Ladies Who Launch entrepreneurial group
- March Girlfriendology Contest Winners and their Stories
- Suzanne Grace-Maiden, part of TheDivaCast podcast and DearZanny relationship podcast
- Debra Quartermain, author, creative designer and our ‘going green’ girlfriend
- Kristen Beireis, life and business coach, virtual helper guru and life enthusiast
- Kaira Sturdivant Rouda, author Real You Incorporated, president of Real Living real estate
- Joni Rendon and Shannon McKenna Schmidt, co-authors of Novel Destinations
- April Girlfriendology Contest Winners and their Stories
- Kate Jacobs, author of Friday Night Knitting Club and Comfort Food
- Carol Duvall, the queen of Crafts, author and host of The Carol Duvall Show on HGTV/DIY network
- Debbie Macomber, author of lots of women’s novels including new book Twenty Wishes
- Jill MacKay, my BFF, author and award-winning jewelry designer who interviewed me
- Joan Busick, co-founder of the Girlfriend Factor (a great organization that helps women!)
- Brenda Novak, author of Trust Me, romantic suspense novel
- Debi Silber, the Mojo Coach and founder of the Lifestyle Fitness program
- Jody England, co-founder of BuzZen and author of Attraction Actions
- May Girlfriendology Contest Winners and their Stories
- J.J. Virgin, author of Jumpstart the Art/The Art of Losing It, nutrition and fitness guru on Dr. Phil
- Karen Adler, one of the BBQ Queens and author/co-author of bunches of cook books
- Jodi Nelson, Play it forward Adventures
- Susan Mallery, author of over 100 romance fiction novels, including Sweet Talk
- Marsh Engle, author and inspirational speaker, founder of Amazing Woman Iniatitive
- Heather Hill, Chick Vacations founder
- Julie Northrop, founder of FreeBirthdayTreats.com
- June Girlfriendology Contest Winners and their Stories
- Carly Phillips, author of romance fiction and part of the PlotMonkeys
- And our 50th!
And … who’s coming?
- Susan Wilson Solovic, author The Girls Guide to building a Million Dollar Business, founder of SBTV.com
- Monica Ricci, Organization Guru and host of ‘Mission Organization’ on HGTV
- Claire Mysko, author of You’re Amazing! (inspiring girls to be strong, smart and bold)
- Alissa Kriteman, author and podcast host for ‘Just for Women’
- Aliza Sherman, original ‘Cybergrrl,’ author, marketing and social media guru, second life pro
- Jody DeVere, CEO of Ask Patty (automotive advice for women)
- Melanie Notkin, founder of SavvyAuntie.com
- Linda Hollander, the ‘Wealthy Bag Lady,’ women’s business advocate aand inspirational speaker
And more fabulous women! Tell your girlfriends about Girlfriendology and our inspiring podcasts! And remember to keep inspiring, appreciation and celebrating girlfriends. That’s what we do! Thanks girlfriends!
More interviews with inspiring women on the Girlfriendology BlogTalkRadio show:
- Author MARSHA KRAZMER - talking about women and how we feel about aging
- “Tip Junkie” LAURIE TURK - shares great girlfriend advice for giving creative girlfriend gifts, home decorating and more
- Authors JENNIFER DAVIS and CATHY LIGGETT – share about their book and the non profit, Beaded Hope
p.s. And … be a friend to Girlfriendology! Share this blog with your girlfriends by clicking the Facebook LIKE button below and also, when you’re on our Facebook page, SHARE IT WITH YOUR GIRLFRIENDS. (Please?!) Thanks girlfriend!
Thanks for shopping from these and our other affiliates! Sierra Trading Post – Great Deals, Great Brands, UncommonGoods – uncommon gifts!, Handbag Heaven – Best Selling Handbags, OldNavy.com – Trends & Sales (great combo!), American Express® Gift Cards – for every occasion,
Affordable Scarves – Style and savings!, GiftTree.com – gifts, gift baskets, wine, etc.!, Crocs.com – Feel the love!, Gift Ideas from Vera Bradley, Endless.com – shoes, purses & more, and save big at drugstore.com!, Orbitz.com- Take a Girlfriend Getaway!