“Ask any woman – there’s something special about her friendships with other women. Our female friends know us better than anyone else. They are there to listen, to console, and to encourage. They are our loudest cheerleaders and our most compassionate confidantes.”
Kappa Delta / Confidence Coalition
Happy International Women’s Friendship Month!
We’re celebrating our Girlfriends in September – with women all over the world! September is International Women’s Friendship Month as designated by Kappa Delta sorority.
Thanks Kappa Delta for these ideas on how to celebrate female friendship:
- Send a card or short note to your best friend telling her how much she means to you.
- Celebrate your relationship over high tea or coffee.
- Remember a special friend with a book of poetry or fiction.
- Send a card, and perhaps a photo, to a faraway friend.
- Plan a girls’ night out. Go see a movie. Make reservations for dinner.
- Visit a spa together. Make appointments for manicures. Get make-overs.
- Reconnect with a childhood friend with whom you’ve lost contact.
- Sign up for a cooking or gardening class.
- Plan an adventure. Go hiking, hot-air ballooning, white water rafting, etc.
- Start up a book club with close friends.
- Send flowers to your mother, sister or other relative who has also been a good friend to you.
- Hand out goodie bags to your female coworkers. Include a note about International Women’s Friendship Month.
- More ideas on celebrating International Womens’ Friendship Month …
Here’s our Month of Friendship. How many ways can you be a better friend?
- Day 1: Throw a girlfriend dinner party
- Day 2: Girlfriend Gratitude
- Day 3: Social Media Friends
- Day 4: Make a memory gift for your girlfriend
- Day 5: Phone a Friend!
- Day 6: Plan a Girlfriend Trip
- Day 7: Pamper your Pals
- Day 8: Make a Friend Laugh
- Day 9: Start a Girlfriend Tradition
- Day 10: Go Shopping with your Girlfriends
- Day 11: Remember a friend you’ve lost, in honor of 9/11
- Day 12: Make dinner for your girlfriend
- Day 13: Send your girlfriend a card
- Day 14: Host a Girlfriend Happy Hour, GNO
- Day 15: Practice Random Acts of Kindness
- Day 16: Get a Mani/Pedi Together
- Day 17: Organize your closet with Girlfriend
- Day 18: Have a girlfriend movie or wii party
- Day 19: Go for a girlfriend walk together
- Day 20: Throw a all-about-you-girlfriend party
- Day 21: Make a girlfriend gift
- Day 22: Coffee with a girlfriend
- Day 23: Go explore with your girlfriend
- Day 24: Surprise your BFF
- Day 25: Take a class with your girlfriend(s)
- Day 26: Tell her how much her friendship means to you
- Day 27: Anticipate her needs
- Day 28: Ask a girlfriend for a favor
- Day 29: Thoughtful girlfriend gifts
- Day 30: Spend time with a friend
How are you celebrating your Girlfriends? How are you celebrating Women’s Friendship Month?
Things you may have missed on Girlfriendology:
- Healthy Lunches for You & Your Kids – by Girlfriend Guru, Lisa Holcomb
- Hidden Benefits of Girlfriend Workouts – by Maire Hunter
- 5 Myths about an Alaskan Cruise – by Girlfriend Guru, Janet DeVito
- 5 Steps to Buying Big Ticket Items – by Girlfriend Guru, Miata Edoga
- Following Your Dreams – by Robyn Greenhouse
- Losing your Best Friend – by Dr. Karen Gail Lewis
- Girls and Cars – by Donina Ifurung
By the way, we LOVE guest blogs here at Girlfriendology. Have a great girlfriend story to tell? Want to celebrate your fabulous female friends? SHARE! (And, we also have Girlfriend Gurus – check that out to be featured on Girlfriendology!) SIGN UP for our weekly newsletter and get our FREE eBook ‘30 Days / 30 Ways to Be a Better Friend‘ - check it out!
More to check out – Facebook.com/Girlfriendology and Twitter/@Girlfriendology where we’re connecting with over 50,000 women (we block guys!) and Pinterest.com/Girlfriendology where we share visual inspiration and great quotes. More Girlfriend Friendship Quotes. & Did you see our INFOGRAPHIC on ‘What Women Want‘?