Relationships create the fabric of our lives. They are the fibers that weave all things together. Eden Froust
Since this time last week, how many new friends did you make? How many previous friends did you spend time with and invest in that friendship? Did your ‘bank account balance’ of friends increase or decrease?
It’s good to stop occasionally and take stock of our friends and friendships. Do we invest time and effort in the relationships that, like the quote above, ‘create the fabric of our lives, and weave all things together’? Do we make the effort to be friendship-happy?
This week, your challenge, should you choose to accept it is to look for opportunities to be a better friend, to show Girlfriend Gratitude, recognize the beautiful ‘fabric of our lives’ – our friends. Have a great week Girlfriend!
JOIN US Friday, August 10th 3-4pm ET for the #GFweekend Twitter Party
Weekends are GREAT, right? Well, we’ll make your weekends more fun and less stressful with our tips and prizes focused on the two things consistently in my weekends – Laundry and Wine. We’ll share helpful tips for making laundry clean of stress with stain-fighting girlfriend advice AND we’ll get you ready for the weekend with wine and food ideas for you and your girlfriends.
Sponsored by Biz Stain Fighter and The Wine Sisterhood, we’ll share tips on weekends, wine and wine spills as well as awesome prizes like a year of Biz Stain Fighter and more! JOIN US Friday, August 10th 3-4pm ET for the #GFweekend Twitter Party! Follow the #GFweekend hashtag on Twitter and visit us on Facebook.com/Girlfriendology for the winners and additional opportunities!
Fabulous Blogger Friends – BlogHer Review
There’s a funny ‘rhythm of friendship’ in the female blogosphere. It’s the friendships that often happen among women who blog, and often they start and strengthen at women blogger conferences. There are friendships that start in a funny conversation while in the bathroom line. Friendships begin when we sit together at a meal and share what we’ve learned that day in the conference sessions. Bloggers become better friends dancing at the parties and sharing smiles over our blogs and lives. That’s why we go to those conferences – it’s not just learning or getting swag, it’s the friendships you make and the fun we have with our friends.
I just returned from BlogHer in New York City. BlogHer is the largest women’s blogger conference with 4500+ attending and hundreds of brands. No doubt the best part of BlogHer is seeing friends. I LOVED seeing some great blogger BFF’s like:
- Crystal Collins, The Thrifty Mama – Who wrote this on Girlfriends in Business, Planning our Business
- Courtney Rix Velasquez, Discovering Arkansas – From the fab company of Collective Bias
- Sandy Jenney, Organize with Sandy – Her Girlfriend Advice on getting organized
- Karen Malone Wright, The Not Mom – Community for Not Moms
- Andrea Deckard, Savings Lifestyle – Her great girlfriend advice on saving with coupons
- Toni Anderson, The Happy Housewife – Mom of seven and part of the fabulous Savvy Blogging fab women (with girlfriends Crystal, Andrea and Erin)
- Irene Levine, The Friendship Blog - We’ve been friends for years (and both are in the ‘Friendship Circle‘) but we’d never met face to face. It was WONDERFUL to meet and chat over a cup of coffee and a bagel, wonderful! Plus, check out her travel site – MoreTimeToTravel.com
- Heather Hetchler, CafeSMom – Community for Step-Moms
- Sherry Martz, Bloggy Con – Great blogger conference coming up in Sept. (JOIN US!) (use code “Girlfriend” for $100 off the full pass!) See you there!
Also, great to see my friends Beth Rosen, Ted Rubin, Matt and Nick from TimeDog, and so many others. I love my Blogging BFFs!
Last Week on Girlfriendology
- Grown-Up Girlfriends Have to Wait | Girlfriend Perspective from Adrienne Bolton
- Avoiding The Money Fight | Financial Advice from Guru Miata Edoga
- Six Low-Cost Secrets of Staging Success | Real Estate Advice from Guru Cathy Perry
By the way, we LOVE guest blogs here at Girlfriendology. Have a great girlfriend story to tell? Want to celebrate your fabulous female friends? SHARE! (And, we also have Girlfriend Gurus – check that out to be featured on Girlfriendology!)
More to check out – Facebook.com/Girlfriendology and Twitter/@Girlfriendology where we’re connecting with over 50,000 women (we block guys!) and Pinterest.com/Girlfriendology where we share visual inspiration and great quotes. More Girlfriend Friendship Quotes. & Did you see our INFOGRAPHIC on ‘What Women Want‘?