It was a strange week, wasn’t it? The tragedy in Colorado struck everyone. Innocent people … friends going to a movie together. Young and old, all with a story. It was incredibly sad and senseless. And, kinda like when 9/11 happened, an event that we all felt personally connected to even if we didn’t know someone there. We’ve all shared a theater with strangers and felt the comfort of people enjoying something together.
The only good thing, is the reminder of what’s really important in life – right? Sharing ours with people we love and who love us in return. Expressing that emotion, making them feel as special as their friendship is to us, living our lives WITH others … there’s comfort in a crowd, even in a dark theater.
This week’s ‘assignment:’ to show your friend(s) how much their friendship means to you. Express the importance of them in your life. Let them know what you’d want them to know if they’d been hurt in an innocent movie theater or in a car accident or just far, far away. Tell the people you love that you LOVE them. Love … what a wonderful response to tragedy.
Well, aside from fabulous, affordable and comfortable (stylish) shoes, we tell all in this awesome (aka: COOL!) Infographic on What Women Want. (Designed by girlfriend Carla Franke.)
Last week on Girlfriendology:
- A PERFECT Girlfriend Day (in Napa!) – Great girlfriend advice for a fun friend-filled day, inspired by our girlfriends at The Wine Sisterhood. (And don’t miss their Summer Sangria recipe!)
- Women supporting Women by Shopping! – Plus $50 gift card giveaway at The Limited!
- Coffee and a Friend – Plus recipes for treats for your next Girlfriend Get-together (I want these cupcakes!)
- 10 Ways to Cut your Grocery Bill – Great shopping, frugal advice from Girlfriend Guru LISA HOLCOMB
- Understanding your Credit Score – Financial advice from Girlfriend Guru MIATA EDOGA
More to check out – Facebook.com/Girlfriendology and Twitter/@Girlfriendology where we’re connecting with over 50,000 women (we block guys!) and Pinterest.com/Girlfriendology where we share visual inspiration and great quotes. More Girlfriend Friendship Quotes. & Did you see our INFOGRAPHIC on ‘What Women Want‘?
THANKS to our BIG 2012 Sponsor – Biz Stain Fighter and Mean Green Degreaser (check out their coupons!). And our July sponsor of Fridays – The Wine Sisterhood (check them out on Twitter and Facebook too). And – THANKS to YOU Girlfriend!