Being a child at home alone in the summer is a high-risk occupation. If you call your mother at work 13 times an hour, she can hurt you.
We LOVE Erma Bombeck – don’t you?! She gave GREAT Girlfriend Advice – like “The only reason I would take up jogging is so I could hear heavy breathing again.” (You smiled, didn’t you?!)
I’m pretty sure Erma had great girlfriends that not only she shared girlfriend advice with, but who shared theirs with her as well. That’s what girlfriends do! And, I would venture a guess that Erma spent time with her friends – because great women do that. They recognize the need and value of spending time with their girlfriends.
It’s Summer. It’s HOT. It’s crazy with kids home and camp schedules, traveling, keeping everyone cool and where they’re supposed to be when they’re supposed to be there. It’s still a great time of year to hang out with your favorite females. Here’s some Summer-time ideas:
- 10 Joyful Things to do with Your Girlfriends this Summer – by awesome Girlfriend Guru ARLETT R HARTIE
- Summer Salad, Beach House and Friends – Summer recipe from Girlfriend Guru LINDA STEELE
- Updating your Wardrobe for Summer 2012 – by another fab Girlfriend Guru DONNA GAMACHE
We’re so thrilled to have a new website with cool things like a QUOTES WIDGET you can add to your site (that will have a new Friendship quote everyday!) Click on the quotes widget on the home page to get the code.
BIG, HUGE, GIGANTIC Thanks to the creative team at COLLECTIVE BIAS for all their hard work on the new site. THANKS Jay, Chris, Jason, Clint and more for their fabulous support, ideas and efforts.
Last week on Girlfriendology …
- How to Throw a Frugal Party – Guest Blog from GEN TUPAS
- Library Love Notes – by Girlfriend Guru RACHEL AWES (such a fun idea!)
- How much to Save for Retirement – great financial advice from Girlfriend Guru MIATA EDOGA
- Ten Tips for Helping a Friend with Breast Cancer – awesome guest blog by STACY RANDALL
This week on Girlfriendology …
- True, Lifetime Friends – Guest Blogger Karen Rochester
- Four Great Tips for Looking Your Best Without Surgery – Beauty Tricks from Lisa Moore
- And MORE (Lots More!)
By the way, we LOVE guest blogs here at Girlfriendology. Have a great girlfriend story to tell? Want to celebrate your fabulous female friends? SHARE! (And, we also have Girlfriend Gurus – check that out to be featured on Girlfriendology!)
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get our FREE eBook ‘30 Days / 30 Ways to Be a Better Friend‘ - check it out!
More to check out – Facebook.com/Girlfriendology and @Girlfriendology (Twitter) where we’re connecting with over 50,000 women and Pinterest.com/Girlfriendology where we share visual inspiration and great quotes. (& our Pinterest Marketing site: Pinfriendology.com.) More Girlfriend Friendship Quotes. THANKS to our BIG 2012 sponsor – Biz Stain Fighter. And – Thanks to YOU Girlfriend!