“What do you want to do?” “Anything, whatever you want.” Does that sound familiar? Getting together with girlfriends is wonderful, but sometimes deciding what to do is can be crazy difficult.
Guest blogger NANCY PARKER shares ideas about finding new ideas to try–in an affordable way. Whether it’s Groupon or some other discount site, it’s all about having a great get together.
Girls’ Night. Easily one of the favorite nights of the week, am I right? Who doesn’t love getting together with girlfriends and gabbing over gossip? And while girls’ night needs to include nothing more than a friendly living room or an out-of-the-way restaurant table, sometimes it’s fun to get out and try new things together. If you’re looking to switch things up a bit for your next girls’ night, then purchasing some fun Groupons may be exactly what you’re looking for – they’ll allow you to experiment with new activities without breaking the bank.
Here are some ideas for great Groupons to try out with your girlfriends:
1. Art & Wine Classes – Grab a few of your favorite girlfriends and a few bottles of your go-to vino and hit up one of the art and wine classes that are growing in popularity. Groupon is constantly running deals on these classes, and for about $30 you’ll get 3+ hours of wine, appetizers, and painting. Since you bring in your own wine and apps it can be as expensive or cheap as you want it to be. Worried that you lack any artistic ability? The class is taught by a professional who will take you through each step of the process so even the most un-artistic leaves with a beautiful painting.
2. Cooking Classes – Cooking classes are becoming all the rage; however they can be quite pricey. Luckily Groupon features them regularly, letting you and your girlfriends cook exotic dishes together at a fraction of the price. You’ll eat gourmet food all night and have plenty of time to swap stories in between courses.
3. Yoga Classes – Relaxing with your girlfriends is the perfect way to start or end any day, and going to a yoga class is an awesome way to do that. Yoga can be fairly pricey on its own, but Groupon allows you to snag packages of classes for a minimal fee. So say “om” together and then go out for an equally relaxing cup of coffee or glass of wine after.
4. Expensive Restaurants – Groupon is always featuring swanky restaurants for a fraction of the cost, and purchasing one could be the perfect time for you and your girlfriends to sample some of the new “it” restaurant’s famed appetizers without putting a huge dent in your wallet. It’s the perfect excuse to get dressed up and feel extra girly.
5. Groupon Getaways – If you’re looking for a fun weekend out of town with the girls then Groupon Getaways could be just what you need. They are constantly featuring cities close to your hometown with deals on hotels and events around the area. It can make planning a girl’s weekends a little more affordable!
While there’s no doubt that any time spent with your closest girlfriends is going to be a good time, sometimes it’s fun to switch things up and try something completely new… especially if you can do it at a fraction of its normal cost! Groupon is great for catching fun deals on things you might have otherwise passed up due to price. So snag a deal and plan a fun girl’s night!
NANCY PARKER was a professional nanny and she loves to write about a wide range of subjects like health, parenting, child care, babysitting, and find a nanny tips, etc. You can reach her at email@example.com.
What are your tips for having a great gals’ night without spending a fortune?
By the way, we LOVE guest blogs here at Girlfriendology. Have a great girlfriend story to tell? Want to celebrate your fabulous female friends? SHARE! (And, we also have Girlfriend Gurus – check that out to be featured on Girlfriendology!)
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get our FREE eBook ‘30 Days / 30 Ways to Be a Better Friend‘ - check it out!
More to check out – Facebook.com/Girlfriendology and @Girlfriendology (Twitter) where we’re connecting with over 50,000 women and Pinterest.com/Girlfriendology where we share visual inspiration and great quotes. (& our Pinterest Marketing site: Pinfriendology.com.) More Girlfriend Friendship Quotes. THANKS to our BIG 2012 sponsor – Biz Stain Fighter. And – Thanks to YOU Girlfriend!