“When your mother asks, ‘Do you want a piece of advice?’ it is a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.”
Advice … it’s what we women give, offer, listen to or ignore! But the root of all (sincere!) advice, is the desire to do or say whatever we can to be there for another women. It’s our way of sharing what we’ve learned, the insight we alone have and the hope that we can do something to make your life better.
On Girlfriendology, we share women’s wisdom, aka: girlfriend advice, among our fabulous female friends. We have guest blogs and Girlfriend Gurus who share their girlfriend advice on everything from saving money to saving time, from a funny approach to dieting to serious info on getting fit, from selling our home to buying a bra, and on to lots of ways to be a better friend.
- “Insanity is hereditary. You can catch it from your kids.”
- “The only reason I would take up jogging is so I could hear heavy breathing again.”
- “When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, ‘I used everything you gave me.’”
- “In general, my children refused to eat anything that hadn’t danced on TV.”
- “Seize the moment. Think of all those women on the ‘Titanic’ who waved off the dessert cart.”
I had the honor of speaking at the Erma Bombeck Writer’s Workshop this past week. It was a touching, inspiring and very, VERY funny event with very, VERY funny people who loved her – like we all did. (Her family also attends as do some ‘big writers’ who speak/attend to honor this amazing woman.)
More Girlfriend Advice – From celebrity designer/writer SANDRA LEE
I’m also honored and excited to take in the girlfriend advice from the internationally-acclaimed home and food expert, as well as best-selling author of 25 books, producer/star of award-winning shows, etc. AKA: celebrity girlfriend advice from SANDRA LEE. (shown above)
I’ll join several other bloggers (including my girlfriend Zippy – yeah!) in NYC this week as we get to hang out with Sandra. We’ll visit a SEARS store for a tour including her new home collections, have brunch with her (great for getting girlfriend advice!), then have a day-long workshop where together we’ll learn about entertaining, tablescaping, Semi-Homemade Cooking and even some ‘cocktailing.’ Watch for my tweets and Facebook updates with #BySandraLee.
More Girlfriend Advice on Girlfriendology
- Improve your Energy – Advice on FUN from Girlfriend Guru Jessica Drummond
- 5 Reasons to Eat Chocolate Everyday – Love this advice from Christy Hovland
- Advice for Moms of College-Bound Kids – Great girlfriend advice from author Nancy Berk
- Meeting New Friends on the Internet – A true story by Natali Carrera
- How to have Financial Success – Great money advice from Girlfriend Guru Miata Edoga
By the way, we LOVE guest blogs here at Girlfriendology. Have a great girlfriend story to tell? Want to celebrate your fabulous female friends? SHARE! (And, we also have Girlfriend Gurus – check that out to be featured on Girlfriendology!)
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get our FREE eBook ‘30 Days / 30 Ways to Be a Better Friend‘ - check it out!
More to check out – Facebook.com/Girlfriendology where we’re connecting with over 27,000 women (we block guys!) and Pinterest.com/Girlfriendology where we share visual inspiration and great quotes. (& our Pinterest Marketing site: Pinfriendology.com.) More Girlfriend Friendship Quotes. THANKS to our BIG 2012 sponsor – Biz Stain Fighter. And – Thanks to YOU Girlfriend!