Life happens sometimes, doesn’t it? Great things and terrible times bump right into each other making me so grateful for girlfriends.
Hello from beautiful Napa! I’m here in a fabulous hotel, with wonderful wine and a menu that would lure any foodie to never, ever leave. I’m part of the First Annual Wine Sisterhood Gathering. It’s a wonderful pairing of wine and women that promises to be a fabulous, friend-filled event hosted by the wonderful women in the WINE SISTERHOOD. (I’ll tell you more about it below. I just have to apologize for gloating about it! I’m giddy to be here!) (Those are two of my beautiful friends here – Aliza and Danielle.)
Yes, it’s an amazing event and I can’t wait to meet more of the fabulous females who are here – several of whom are bloggers that I’m sure we’re going to bond over!
Now back to that weird collision of life and happiness mentioned above … I landed yesterday, ready to meet us with five other ‘Wine Sisters’ for the drive to Napa and picked up an email that completely stopped me in my rush through SFO airport. The terrible news that I assumed would come eventually came. A kind, beautiful, funny neighbor had lost her brave battle with breast cancer. She leaves behind a wonderful husband and dad to their two young children (who often play on our sidewalk and amuse us with their cuteness!).
So, I’m heading to a wonderful women and wine event and reality strikes. Our neighborhood is in mourning. Our friend has lost his dear wife and reached out for help to find a place for the memorial.It was definitely surreal for him but also for me – realizing the impact of how life changed for our friends while I floated above the U.S. on my way to wine and food mecca. Thinking about the extremes we go through – from happiness to deep sadness, the range of emotions we women feel, I am SO GRATEFUL for my dear GIRLFRIENDS.
I’m thankful for the amazing friends in my life who are there for me when I’m happy and when I’m sad. So grateful for girlfriends.
I hope your day is more on the happy than sad side today. But either way I wish the blessing of BFFs who will be there to share wine or even when you whine. (: Be grateful today – for your girlfriends, for your health, for a warm home and a community who care.
Last night we had a FABULOUS Oscars party – Did you?! We were welcomed to the party while a red-carpet paparazzi photo opportunity – awesome! Dirty Blonde Cocktails is here (I got to meet the smart Wine Sister who started this company – will share more about her in a future post – we love inspiring women who go after their dreams!). We got to meet others in the group and have, of course, an award-worthy dinner while we toasted the celebrities. We’re off to Zumba, then some social media conversations, then I guess we’ll HAVE to taste some wine, have lunch at Bottega, tour Swanson Vineyards, meet some women vintners, then tonight it’s the Lobster Feed at Black Stallion Winery. (: Somebody’s gotta do it!!
The Latest Girlfriendology Scoop
- Have you or a girlfriend ever have a bad day? Here’s one woman’s advice for those days that might need some girlfriend support. Thanks Girlfriend Guru Leah Down for sharing!
- Did you have an Academy Awards Party? Yes, we were here in Napa celebrating and hope you were with your friends enjoying the Oscars too!
- Do you have an Interest in PINTEREST? Here’s the scoop on this amazing social media sharing site that is taking over the creative inspiration world! (And, we’ve gathered over 25,000 cumulative followers in three weeks – watch for news on how you can PIN for your Blog or Business!)
- Coffee, Rituals and ME TIME - Our fave funny friend, The Faux Diet Queen, shares her girlfriend insights into sneaking away for some quality ME TIME.
- Have a Garage Sale with your Girlfriend! – De-clutter your home and just maybe your life with girlfriend advice from Dana White, aka: Nony the Slob! And LISTEN IN to our BlogTalkRadio with her on great tips for decluttering, garage sales and more!
- Caffeinated Happiness! Girlfriend Gifts for coffee lovers! We love coffee and coffee gifts for girlfriends SO MUCH we created a COFFEE board on Pinterest.com/Girlfriendology. Check it out!
- Making New Girlfriendships at Work – Girlfriend advice on finding new friends on the job, from Amanda DiSilvestro.
- Trust and Grace – Girlfriends on the Road of Life - So glad we have our friends and even those we don’t know, to watch out for us. Aren’t you?!
THANKS WINE SISTERHOOD for this great event! We’ll be sharing more about this THIS Friday, March 2nd on BlogTalkRadio.com/Girlfriendology 2-2:30pm ET. JOIN US!
By the way, we LOVE guest blogs here at Girlfriendology. Have a great girlfriend story to tell? Want to celebrate your fabulous female friends? SHARE! (And, we also have Girlfriend Gurus – check that out to be featured on Girlfriendology!)
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get our FREE eBook ‘30 Days / 30 Ways to Be a Better Friend‘ - check it out!
More to check out – Facebook.com/Girlfriendology where we’re connecting with over 25,000 women (we block guys!) and Pinterest.com/Girlfriendology where we share visual inspiration. THANKS to our BIG 2012 sponsor – Biz Stain Fighter. And – Thanks to YOU Girlfriend!