Six years ago, on January 20th, 2006, Girlfriendology.com was ‘born.’ It started from a response to two girlfriends, Dana and Allison, dealing with cancer, as well as just a need to be around female friends. A little research confirmed – there’s a reason we NEED girlfriends! Female friendship actually makes women healthier, happier, less stressed, live longer and feel more beautiful.
So, I started blogging about female friendship. I was inspired by the amazing women who shared their stories about their girlfriends, who confirmed that our female friendship keep us afloat when we think we’re drowning. Women shared their lives and how their girlfriends had been there for them when they so needed it. We all know that feeling!
Thanks to the women who have helped us grow our online community of women to over 50,000 in our social media connections. (Do you follow us on Twitter? Are you our Friend on Facebook? Please?!) Thanks to the women who have inspired us, shared with us, contributed to Girlfriendology (all our guest bloggers and Girlfriend Gurus!), to our faithful ‘Chief of Insanely Brilliant Ideas’ Judi, supportive authors/fans like Susan Mallery, Kris Radish, Patricia Sands and so many more supportive girlfriends!
Six years of inspiring girlfriends! Let’s keep it going! Thanks Girlfriends!
- Our Great 2012 Sponsor: Biz Stain Fighter (also makers of Oxydol and Mean Green degreaser)
- Fit to be Styled – Girlfriend Fashion Advice from Girlfriend Guru, Donna Gamache
- 7 Healthy Ways to Be a Better Friend – How Girlfriends can help each other being healthier
- Food Beliefs I need to Ditch – by the Faux Diet Queen (our fave girlfriend who is helping us giggle our way to a healthier life)
- 6 Years of Girlfriendology - 6 Years of Amazing Girlfriends (:
- Get Healthy and Fit with your Girlfriends – by our BlogTalkRadio guest (& awesome girlfriend!) Crystal Collins! LISTEN IN to our great interview with Crystal! And get 7 weeks to a Healthier Life eBook (discount code GIRLFRIEND) $2.99 http://ow.ly/8ASI7 by Crystal Collins
- 5 Things Girlfriends should know – Great Girlfriend advice from Girlfriend Guru Donina Ifurung
- Let’s ask for what we want, Let’s Simplify – Girlfriend advice on making life a little bit easier
- How are your 2012 Resolutions going? – Girlfriend Guru Lisa McDonald Brown gives great girlfriend advice
- Should you work with your Girlfriends? – Girlfriend advice from Guest blogger Amanda DiSilvestro
JOIN US This Friday 2-2:30pm ET on BlogTalkRadio/Girlfriendology as we talk more about our fitness and health with guest JANA CURRIE.
Jana is a Wellness Coach who has helped 100s of women lose weight, gain strength, energy, and, above all, build confidence in themselves. Jana earned her Master’s degree in Health Education from the University of Cincinnati. She is a Certified Wellness Coach, Fitness Trainer, and Corporate Consultant. Jana has delivered fitness training, wellness coaching, and corporate health promotion services to Fortune 50, 100 and 500 clients throughout the country.
Join us on Friday, January 27th 2-2:30pm on BlogTalkRadio.com/Girlfriendology as we talk about how to fit, healthy and confident!
- “A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.” Chinese Proverb http://ow.ly/8DJhv SING Girlfriend! (Happy Chinese New Year!)
- Amazing video – friends making music together, on Facebook.com/Girlfriendology [youtube]http://youtu.be/d9NF2edxy-M[/youtube] Today’s Girlfriend Video Lunch Break (& my personal addiction!)
- “At first glance it may appear too hard. LOOK AGAIN. Always look again.” Maryanne Rodmacher http://ow.ly/8BLnv
- “Love More. Worry Less.” Great advice for your week. http://ow.ly/8CJpV