Because … WE ARE AMAZING WOMEN! We have the fantastic opportunity – right now – to make it a wonderful 2012.
We have the power to go after our dreams, to encourage our friends and to be the better friend who just may make another woman’s life better too. We can show others what it means to be supportive, inspiring and thoughtful. We can model to our children and all the ‘grown children’ in our world what it looks like to share the spotlight, to recognize the people who bless our lives and to practice ‘girlfriend gratitude’ and appreciate the wonderful women in our life.
That’s what we have the opportunity to do. That’s how powerful we are. That’s why 2012 is going to be great!
A little girlfriend inspiration for making 2012 your best year to date …
1. LIVE WITH PASSION – We girlfriends have to hold each other accountable for making our lives matter and doing the things we LOVE. This year, identify at least one thing that you’re passionate about and put time and effort into it. Maybe it’s your kids, or to getting fit/healthier this year. Perhaps your passion is shoes – start a shoe girlfriend group (girlfriends who get together every month for happy hour or an event and wear new shoes, talk shoes, try on shoes). Want to start your own business? Find other women who share that passion and start an entrepreneurial or accountability group. If you love to cook/eat, start a gourmet girlfriend group. Whatever it is – find your passion and don’t let the year slip by pursuing it. You’ll be so glad you did!
2. ACTIVELY PURSUE LIFE – I read through last year’s Christmas cards over the holidays. My girlfriend Allison wrote last year – ‘Let’s get together more. Life’s too short.’ Her husband died unexpectedly a few weeks after receiving that card. Life IS too short. Don’t stand-by and watch it go by. GRAB IT! (And, I totally admit to being guilty of this – so I’m talking to myself too!) It may be warm and comfy to stay home – but get out. Do things. See friends. Meet new friends. Taste new foods. Walk, run, bike or drive down new roads. Go to a state you’ve never visited. Tour the museums in your own city that you’ve never been to. Create a ‘Leap List‘ then start checking things off it! Life is too short – LIVE every day of your life!
3. RESOLVE TO BE A BETTER FRIEND – Even if there weren’t the health benefits (healthier, live longer, less stress) of female friendship, there are the fabulous adventures we share, the wonderful memories that we create, the caring conversations we have, the strength we give to each other … makes it all worth while. What can you do – this year – to be a better friend? Do that! Send cards. Phone your friends. Be a better listener. Be there for your friends. Life unfortunately is too short. Be there for each other.
Happy 2012 Girlfriends! Here’s to a year of following our dreams, making new friends and being a better friend. Life is good – let’s enjoy it together!
Here’s what’s going on on THE Girlfriend site – Girlfriendology!
- New Years Resolutions – Friendship Resolutions – from some of our Friendship Circle girlfriends
- New Years Resolutions & Girlfriends – Great girlfriend advice from Girlfriend Guru Jessica Drummon
- Our BlogTalkRadio interview with Jessica Drummond – great girlfriend advice on being healthy in 2012
- The Faux Diet Queen Re-Launches her Diet for 2012 – let’s get healthier in 2012, ‘kay?
- The 12 Days of Friendship – Celebrating female friendship over the holidays, because girlfriends are a gift!
- Day 1: Knowing friends are there for you
- Day 2: Celebrating our Cheerleader/Supportive Girlfriends
- Day 3: Girlfriend Traditions
- Day 4: The Gift of Memories with Friends
- Day 5: The Gift of Forgiveness
- Day 6: Having Things in Common
- Day 7: Sharing Adventures Together
- Day 8: The Gift of Laughter
- Day 9: Missing Friends during the Holidays
- Day 10: The Wonderful Comfort Level of Girlfriends
- Day 11: Girlfriends who are there for us through Life Changes and Stages
- Day 12: Celebrating Girlfriend Gratitude
HUGE BIG Shout-out to our Friends at BIZ STAIN FIGHTER!
Thanks for being the Girlfriendology top sponsor in 2012. We love your products (Mean Green and Oxydol too!) and love working with you. And – for our girlfriends especially in Dayton and Cincinnati OH – check out Oxydol and Mean Green at Walgreens. Easy on your wallet but tough on dirt!
CINCINNATI WOMEN’S EVENT – FEATURING DEBBA HAUPERT, Founder of Girlfriendology
JOIN US on Saturday, February 25th for the ‘A Day for Today’s Women‘ event. I’m thrilled to be the keynote speaker and can’t wait to meet these great women and speak at this awesome event!
CHANGES AT GIRLFRIENDOLOGY.com
We’re geeked about working with our friends at Collective Bias on a new, very cool website for Girlfriendology.com. (If you’re a blogger, you probably know about them – or should! Check out Social Fabric – a great, growing community of bloggers!) Stay tuned! (Please share your ideas!!) We will be moving the community over to a new forum, so you will have to sign up for that again. (And, to be honest, we’ll do a better job at that in the new site.)
Hang out with us too on Facebook.com/Girlfriendology where we share inspiring quotes, daily lunchtime videos (that are fun and female-friendly!), girlfriend ‘stuff! And follow us on Twitter @Girlfriendology. Thanks!