We want our girlfriends to be healthy and in our lives for a long time, right? Well, why not get healthier with a friend or a bunch of BFFs? It’s much more fun and likely to be successful. Here’s how:
- Take a walk with a Girlfriend(s) – Nothing like a few blocks, trails or miles to catch up on our lives and reduce our stress with a little ‘girlfriend therapy.’ Plus, it doesn’t seem like exercise when we’re laughing and sharing stories and time with our favorite walking buddies. Set a regular walking time like every Saturday morning or Tuesday after work. Then schedule anything else around that time. Make exercising, and your friendships, a priority. You’ll be glad (and healthier) you did!
- Resolve to be Healthier with a Friend – Girlfriends who make resolutions together (like to get healthy/fit) are more successful than when we try to go it alone. Join up with a girlfriend to challenge each other to set and reach your fitness goals. Accountability with a friend is a great way of supporting each other and being healthy together!
- Start a ‘Get Healthy’ Girlfriend Group – Gather the girls who also want to get healthy and plan fun ways to exercise and enjoy each other’s company together. Encourage your friends to invite their friends who also want to tone up or lose weight. It’s a great way to meet new friends and to enjoy getting healthier together.
- Join a Gym Together – Nothing like a little girlfriendly-reminder to meet up for a class at the club or a half-hour catching up on side-by-side treadmills. Check with the gym – they probably offer partner discounts for more than one membership.
- Create a little ‘Friendly Competition’ – Make a bet on who can lose weight or inches by a certain date then encourage each other along the way. Great thing is you both lose which means you both win!
- Join Weight Watchers or other Diet/Exercise Programs Together – It’s not so fun to try something new alone – much better with a BFF. Start a diet program together then help each other be successful. (BTW – the Faux Diet Queen and I are doing the Shaklee Cinch diet together right now. It does make it more fun to diet with a girlfriend!)
- Celebrate your Success Together – Nothing beats an accomplishment more than celebrating it with someone who helped you reach your goal. Reward yourself for achieving your goals with a non-fattening celebration – like getting a mani-pedi together, or rewarding yourself with a new pair of shoes.
What are you and your girlfriends doing to get/stay healthy and fit?
LISTEN IN to our interview with Crystal Collins, The Thrifty Mama, about living a healthy, fit and even frugal lifestyle on our BlogTalkRadio show. And check out Crystal’s girlfriend advice about getting healthy with your girlfriends.