We want our girlfriends to be healthy and in our lives for a long time, right? Well, why not get healthier with a friend or a bunch of BFFs? It’s much more fun and likely to be successful. Here’s how:
- 1. Take a walk with a Girlfriend(s) – Nothing like a few blocks, trails or miles to catch up on our lives and reduce our stress with a little ‘girlfriend therapy.’ Plus, it doesn’t seem like exercise when we’re laughing and sharing stories and time with our favorite walking buddies. Set a regular walking time like every Saturday morning or Tuesday after work. Then schedule anything else around that time. Make exercising, and your friendships, a priority. You’ll be glad (and healthier) you did!
- 2. Resolve to be Healthier with a Friend – Girlfriends who make resolutions together (like to get healthy/fit) are more successful than when we try to go it alone. Join up with a girlfriend to challenge each other to set and reach your fitness goals. Accountability with a friend is a great way of supporting each other and being healthy together!
- 3. Start a ‘Get Healthy’ Girlfriend Group – Gather the girls who also want to get healthy and plan fun ways to exercise and enjoy each other’s company together. Encourage your friends to invite their friends who also want to tone up or lose weight. It’s a great way to meet new friends and to enjoy getting healthier together.
- 4. Join a Gym Together – Nothing like a little girlfriendly-reminder to meet up for a class at the club or a half-hour catching up on side-by-side treadmills. Check with the gym – they probably offer partner discounts for more than one membership.
- 5. Create a little ‘Friendly Competition’ – Make a bet on who can lose weight or inches by a certain date then encourage each other along the way. Great thing is you both lose which means you both win!
- 6. Join Weight Watchers or other Diet/Exercise Programs Together – It’s not so fun to try something new alone – much better with a BFF. Start a diet program together then help each other be successful.
- 7. Celebrate your Success Together – Nothing beats an accomplishment more than celebrating it with someone who helped you reach your goal. Reward yourself for achieving your goals with a non-fattening celebration – like getting a mani-pedi together, or rewarding yourself with a new pair of shoes.
What are you and your girlfriends doing to get/stay healthy and fit?
By the way, we LOVE guest blogs here at Girlfriendology. Have a great girlfriend story to tell? Want to celebrate your fabulous female friends? SHARE! (And, we also have Girlfriend Gurus – check that out to be featured on Girlfriendology!) SIGN UP for our weekly newsletter and get our FREE eBook ‘30 Days / 30 Ways to Be a Better Friend‘ - check it out! Don’t forget to make your girlfriends feel special with perfect birthday gifts for women! More to check out – Facebook.com/Girlfriendology and Twitter/@Girlfriendology where we’re connecting with over 60,000 women (we block guys!) and Pinterest.com/Girlfriendology where we share visual inspiration and great quotes. More Girlfriend Friendship Quotes & did you see our INFOGRAPHIC on ‘What Women Want‘?
THANKS to our 2013 Sponsor – Biz Stain Fighter and Mean Green Degreaser (check out their coupons!). If you’re a brand, please contact us and check out more for Brands and Businesses who want to be Girlfriend Recommended. And – THANKS to YOU Girlfriend!
Note: Girlfriendology does share affiliate links from time to time. However, we only recommend products that we’d honestly share with a girlfriend.