If money was no object, what would you give your friends for your holiday / Christmas / Hanukkah gift?
Would you give her jewelry? A car or house? A trip or girlfriend cruise? A signed copy of her favorite author’s best seller? A case of wine she loves or cheery flowers every week for a year? Would you give her a nanny or cleaning service? What would you give her to show her how much your friendship meant to her?
I can’t think of any gift better than the gift of friendship. The honor of spending part of our lives together, the joy of feeling so close to someone that we can live across the country and still be the best of friends. The comfort of BFFs where silence is fine and so is loud laughter or even happy or sad tears.
The holidays get hectic. They’re just crazy busy and, TBH, they’re stressful. There’s no time like the holidays actually to NEED YOUR FRIENDS. Being with our friends lowers our stress. Spending time with girlfriends eases our stress and brings us back to who we really are.
So, if money was no object … I’d give you each (& me) time with our girlfriends. The amazing gift of making and sharing memories. The joy that comes from being with people who know and love us completely. The peaceful feeling of comfort and joy of spending time with amazing people who bless our lives with their friends. I’d give it, and welcome it as a gift in return. The reason for the season – being with the people we love – and appreciating every second of having them in our lives. That’s a gift.
Just like on Glee … Here’s what you missed last week on Girlfriendology …
- 25 Girlfriend Gifts under $25 - Fabulous gifts to give your girlfriends for Christmas, Hanukkah, Birthdays, just because …
- Holiday Girlfriend Advice FREE eBook – Great girlfriend advice on all kinds of things – frugal, recipes, ideas, info
- 2012 Advertising/Sponsorship Opportunities – Looking for brands/businesses to be ‘girlfriend recommended’
- Spending Time with Girlfriends during the Holidays – Great guest post by Jacqueline Cromwell
- Go Banana’s – Banana Bread Recipe - Banana ‘girlfriend advice’ from girlfriend Judi Cogen
- Making Holiday Baking Fun - Seen by over 2000+ – it’s some great girlfriend advice!
- Getting the Holiday Gift YOU want – Fab female advice from Miss Kitty Plum
- Water, water everywhere … Where’s the Chardonnay? - This week’s Faux Diet Queen Adventure
- Girlfriend advice for the Perfect Gift -Thanks to Girlfriend Cruise expert, Janet DeVito
- Girlfriend Ideas for that Special Friend – from Girlfriend Guru Rachel Awes
- Holiday Hormone Healthy – by Girlfriend Guru Jessica Drummond
- Four Benefits to saving Money during the Holidays - Frugal girlfriend advice
- The Neighborhood North Pole / Shopping at Sears – Holiday gift guying
- Six tips for Stressfree Holiday Travel – Thanks to the Road Warriorette
- Support Girlfriends through Unconventional Transitions – Girlfriend Advice from Heather Torkelson
Don’t forget your Free eBook & Starbucks Gift Card – our December CONTEST
Just sign up for our newsletter and our eBook, 30 Days / 30 Ways to Be a Better Friend, is FREE! Plus you’re entered in our weekly drawing for a $25 Starbucks gift card! Take your girlfriends out for coffee on Girlfriendology! Here’s the scoop on our December Contest.
Great Girlfriend Advice on BlogTalkRadio/Girlfriendology
Last Friday we learned SO MUCH about Holiday Travel from The Road Warriorette. Like – did you know you can fly with a pie? Who gets to claim the middle armrests? How early you need to arrive at the airport when flying during the holidays … etc. LISTEN IN!
This Friday we’ll chat with CHERIE BURBACH – the writer/editor of About.com/Friendship. She has great insight into friendships and how we can be a better friend. It will be a fun and FRIEND-filled Friday – LISTEN IN Friday, December 9, 2-2:30pm ET on BlogTalkRadio.com/Girlfriendology. (Here’s a great guest blog Cherie shared on How to Understand your Girlfriend’s Health Problems.) She’s one of the fab females in the Friendship Circle.
And, did you know that we have a Girlfriend Gift of the Day AND Girlfriend Shoes of the Day?! YES!
Check out our 25 Girlfriend Gifts for under $25!
Daily Girlfriend Gifts:
- Girlfriendology Amazon Holiday Gift Store
- Amazon Kindle Fire tablet
- Multi-Color Dyed Freshwater Cultured Pearl Necklace, Bracelet and Earring Set with Sterling Silver Clasp
- Amazon Gift Cards plus iTunes, Starbucks, Forever 21, etc. GIFT CARDS
- Cornflower Blue Reversible Paisley Pashmina Silk Shawl Wrap
- “Stand by Your Man, But Sit with Your Girlfriends” Canvas Bag plus t-shirts, sweatshirts, and more
- Hidden Animal Mugs from UncommonGoods
- Cupcake Bath Fizzies More Pampering Presents and even Cupcake Pajamas (:
- BRIDESMAIDS movie
- Sony 9″ Backlit Digital Photo Frame with Remote
- Funky, fun, faux-fur, fingerless gloves
- Frankie & Johnny bSoft Flannel Parisian Toile Pajamas
- Friendship Necklace
- Vera Bradley Laptop bag