Do you have an attitude of gratitude? Are you feeling grateful, thankful, blessed? Let’s talk about that …
Veteran’s Day … thankful for the brave women and men who have fought for our freedom, for the friends and family who have sacrificed their beloved to keep us safe and for the leaders who watch out over us. It’s a good time to remember that #LifeIsGood – right?
Thanksgiving … thankful for the pilgrims and travelers, the brave and the (sorry to say it, but possibly true) stupid who got on boats and found there way here. Grateful for the tradition they started of being appreciative of the little things in life … a little corn, a small bird to feast on, a warm hut to sleep in. Things we now take for granted – it’s great to be reminded to be grateful.
Maybe it’s Veteran’s Day or Thanksgiving, or just the place that I am in my life, but I’m feeling an overwhelming ‘attitude of gratitude‘ lately. I recognize that thinking about all the blessings in my life and all the things that others go through, totally can change the perspective of life I have. Knowing how much I am blessed with (health, safety, modern conveniences, technology, community and so much more) changes my perspective on things … actually, on everything. (Here’s our Gratitude Homework – you will not be graded on it and it will be worth doing – we promise! And more gratitude inspiration – because it can change our lives which is amazing!)
If you’re new around here, WELCOME to Girlfriendology! We’re a community of women who support each other, who recognize our need for the fabulous females in our lives, who consciously appreciate the people who make our lives better – from the workers who make our lives easier, to the tireless hours of so many who care for our health and safety. We have SO MUCH to be thankful for.
Thanks for hanging out at Girlfriendology.com (and, hopefully!, for telling your girlfriends about us). Thanks for being a good friend, for taking care of so many others and for showing what it means to be a good friend.
For the record, we appreciate each and every one of you. We are GRATEFUL for your support and friendship – and for the inspiration you provide us to keep inspiring other women!
We’re happy to have an official ‘button’ (or widget) to display on your site that shows that you’re a Proud BFF of Girlfriendology. Let us know if you post it to your blog/site and we’ll feature you on Facebook. com/Girlfriendology!
What’s going on Girlfriendology?!
We’re so glad you asked! There’s so much going on. Get comfy girlfriends …
- Our Free Save Time & Money eBook – great girlfriend advice on being frugal (& who doesn’t need that?!)
- Our October Contest became our November December Contest! – just sign up for our weekly newsletter and get a FREE eBook plus be entered in our contest for a weekly $25 Starbucks gift card to take your friends out for coffee on Girlfriendology!
- FREE GFF Stickers – Show your Girlfriend Pride with our orangey GFF (Girlfriends Forever) sticker (for your bumper, laptop, scooter, whatever!). We’ll send one/some to you!
- Four Tips for Helping a Sick Friend – sometimes it’s hard to be a better friend, when you don’t know what to do. Thankfully, girlfriend Elizabeth Norton shares great girlfriend advice on being there for a friend when she really needs you!
- Great Girlfriend Advice for a Lower-Stress Thanksgiving – thankfully we have girlfriends like Tara Ziegmont who can help us prepare for any holiday with less stress and more meaning. (And LISTEN IN to her BlogTalkRadio show interview – great advice!)
- True Beauty – amazing Girlfriend insights from our Girlfriend Guru Donna Gamache (thanks Donna!)
- Supporting your Girlfriends during the Holidays – Great girlfriend advice from guest blogger Selina Murray
- Urban Dictionary – we’re officially official (kinda!)
- TONIGHT/TUES 11/15 – 10pm/9C for @torianddean’s virtual baby shower! RSVP & join in on the convo http://on.fb.me/toriRSVP
- ‘Secret Trip’ - Remember when we mentioned a secret trip we got to take recently? We get to announce it tomorrow afternoon, 11/16, so check it out! COOL!
Have you met your new BFF … the Faux Diet Queen?
We’ve got a new feature on Girlfriendology – it’s a woman, much like many of us, who is trying to get healthy and fit (if it kills her – but we hope not!). Meet the ‘Faux Diet Queen.’ She’s on a mission to battle the mighty scale and get her health back to where she and her doctors would prefer. It’s a hilarious journey toward fitness and she’s sharing it with Girlfriendology each week.
Join us! Join the Faux Diet Queen!
I HAD Cancer – on this week’s BlogTalkRadio Show!
Mailet Lopez is a cancer survivor who founded IHadCancer.com—a social support network for cancer fighters, survivors and supporters focused on creating connections that help people deal with cancer peer to peer. We’re excited to talk with Mailet this week on our Friday, 2-2:30pm ET BlogTalkRadio show about her battle with cancer and her passion for inspiring others in theirs. It’s going to be inspiring – don’t miss it!
We LIKE You. Do You LIKE Facebook.com/Girlfriendology?!
Women are on Facebook – right? Well, did you know we post inspiring quotes, fun female-friendly videos every day around lunchtime (great little break in your day) and all kinds of girlfriend ‘stuff’ on Facebook.com/Girlfriendology – every day?! ‘Stuff’ like …
- “There is nothing better than the encouragement of a good friend.” #quote Jean Jacque Rousseau http://bit.ly/vRlNBr
- “The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, & walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you’ve had.” unknown http://bit.ly/s0nmjx
- “The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.” E Hoffer #quote http://bit.ly/cLMxbl
- “Feeling gratitude & not expressing it is like wrapping a present & not giving it” #quote Wm Ward http://bit.ly/cLMxbl Express your Girlfriend Gratitude!