It’s the trifecta of Friendship! National Girlfriends Day, National Friendship Day and International Women’s Friendship Month. Guess we should celebrate some great girlfriends, right?!
It’s the season of friendship and YES, we’re celebrating. National Girlfriends Day is today – and just in case you need some ideas, here are 10 ways to celebrate National Girlfriends Day it today, tomorrow or whenever – just celebrate it!
We’re sneaking in our own day to celebrate on Saturday, August 13th online. It’s our first ‘Virtual Pool Party!’ Can’t wait to share all the details but plan on August 13th, noon-4pm ET ONLINE – prizes, recipes, fun friends and more! Sunscreen option, beverages – not!
We’re in countdown mode for September which is officially ‘International Women’s Friendship Month.’ It’s going to be an amazing month of special guest blogs from famous and fabulous females. (Want to write one? Check out our guest blog info.) There will be tons of fun that month as we celebrate the women in our lives and all the benefits of BFFs. Countdown – 31 days …
Then in October, we’re gearing up for Breast Cancer Awareness month with guest blogs from women who have/had cancer or have had a friend with cancer – and our stories of supporting each other, being there for our friends and lessons on friendship through a cancer situation.
(And, we already have fun friendship plans for November and December but we’ll just hold on to those for now!)
Before we JUMP into August (and our Pool Party pool!), there’s some great things from July we don’t want you to miss …
Girlfriend Advice, Shopping, Sharing and more …
Girlfriend advice? yea. I take it. I trust my girlfriends to share the honest scoop with me – and I love that they do!
- The truth about funky nail polish – we put our resident girlie-girl on the assignment and she showed up with hounds-tooth shoes and matching nails! Here’s Judi’s review of Sally Hansen Salon Effects. Pretty snazzy, eh?!
- New Girlfriend Guru of Gifts! - Welcome Laura Smith as our Gift Guru – so cool! Here’s her favorite fashion sales items – girlfriend approved and recommended! (We LOVE Girlfriend Gurus – join us?!)
- Our Girlfriend Guru of Intimates is back – We LOVE Miss Kitty Plum. Last month she helped us with great girlfriend advice on the right-sized bra. This month she’s helping us find the perfect swim suit - that’s flattering and fabulous.
- It’s Summer which means it’s dang hot - Thankfully we’ve got some COOL girlfriend advice for staying comfortable this summer.
- A girl’s gotta have SHOES – Right?! Well, we’ve got some sensational summer shoes perfect for you or a friend. Girlfriend recommended and girlfriend’s gotta have shoes. (:
- National Lasagna Day – Invite a friend over to celebrate!
- The Not-So Perfect Girlfriend - Do you feel like you have to be SUPERWOMAN? Our BlogTalkRadio guest last week thinks we need to get past perfect to accepting ourselves and our no so perfect lives (and messy kitchen floors, etc.!) Thanks BERNICE WOOD for sharing your girlfriend advice for ‘Living the Balanced Life.” And LISTEN IN to our interview with Bernice and her great girlfriend advice on not having to be Superwoman! NOTE: due to BlogHer this week there will be no BlogTalkRadio show this week. But you can listen to our interviews with over 200 amazing women on Girlfriendology/Podcasts.
- Speaking of BlogHer - (the BIG women blogger conference) here’s the last installment in the #Print4BlogHer program – including shipping and what to pack for BlogHer. See you there?!
- Cool Girlfriend Gifts – great girlfriend gifts for summer birthdays and surprises!
- & Check out our fave friend Judi - on Psychology Today and The Friendship Blog! Congrats & Thanks Judi! (You ROCK!)
And what’s your fave’s on Facebook.com/Girlfriendology?
“Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend” #quote Plautus http://ow.ly/4IpOC
‘Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.’ Agree? Or like one of the 44 other ones? Most popular life lesson: http://ow.ly/5QHor
“If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves.” http://ow.ly/5M9Hq Thomas Edison
“A friend never defends a husband who gets his wife an electric skillet for her birthday” #quote Erma Bombeck http://ow.ly/5M3Jz
Chick flick movie quote: “The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.” http://ow.ly/5M167 WHAT MOVIE? Hint/another quote: “I love ya more than my luggage.”
“Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends.” Virginia Woolf http://ow.ly/40JRh
Who said: “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, & smarter than you think”? http://ow.ly/5PONS Today’s Girlfriendology Classic
“Free your mind and the rest will follow. Be colorblind. Don’t be so shallow“[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7iQbBbMAFE&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]