Hey Girlfriends! Hope your July 4th was fab, fun and friend-filled! What a great time of year to spend time with your girlfriends! Funny – We’ve got some ideas on that too:
- Go a yard sale, visit a flea market or go antiquing together – just find any excuse to spend time together!
- Ever go kayaking? Who knew it was such a great workout for your core and such a fun thing for girlfriends to do together!?
- Shop! For summer clothes, accessories and shoes. (Who better to help decide on which dress looks best or buy matching shoes?!)
- Invite the girls over for appetizers or meet for a happy hour. Just get together. (Or as we call it: have some girlfriend therapy!)
- Picnic, hit the pool or just pass time together! It’s a great season to spend time with your timeless friends!
Speaking of summer … did you know there’s a “Summer Special” on Girlfriendology 101 – Simple Steps to More Fulfilling Friendships? Yes – through Labor Day! 35% off and it’s BOGO – buy one and get one to share with a girlfriend! (Promo code: “SummerSpcial”)
Thanks Girlfriends! All 40,000+ (& growing) of You Wonderful Women!
Yes, we totally know that it’s not about the numbers as much as it about the people, but that’s 40,000 individuals who help us share our Girlfriend-inspiration message and can help us reach our goal of making the world a better place, one friendship at a time!
We had an AWESOME conversation with an inspiring woman last week on our BlogTalkRadio show. XINA SY inspired us all to be ‘fit and fabulous’ and shared how she helps other women feel that way too through her message of having a positive body image (something many of us don’t have). LISTEN IN as she shares hilarious and heart-warming insights in how to achieve this self love and share it with our girlfriends and daughters! (And check out her Resolutions for a Lifetime DVD, previously sold on QVC.) And, learn how to turn off the negative self-talk for yourself and your girlfriends in this great guest blog Xina shared. Thanks Xina for your great girlfriend inspiration!
Join us on Friday, July 8th 2-2:30pm ET on BlogTalkRadio.com/Girlfriendology as we talk with DR. ANDREA BONIOR, author of “The Friendship Fix: The Complete Guide to Choosing, Losing and Keeping Up with Your Friends” she’ll share: the five things to consider before friending your ex, your boss, your co-workers; how to make new friends at a new job/new city and the six reasons friends can make you healthier and happier. LISTEN IN – Friday, July 8th 2-2:30pm ET on BlogTalkRadio.com/Girlfriendology.
And watch for Dr. Bonior’s guest blog post this week on Girlfriendology.com: Four Simple Things You Can Do Today to Improve Your Friendships.
Calling all Women Bloggers and/or Experts – want to be one of Girlfriend Guru‘s?
Do you have great girlfriend advice? Wonderful stories about you and your friends? Inspiration and information that could make girlfriend’s lives better? Then you could be a GIRLFRIEND GURU!
We’re currently enlisting amazing women to share their inspiration, information and insights monthly on Girlfriendology. As a Girlfriend Guru, we’ll promote you and feature you on our site, newsletter, Facebook updates, Twitter tweets, etc. Here’s all the scoop on how to be a GIRLFRIEND GURU!
Another way to be featured is by being an eBook Author. Have a lot of womens’ wisdom to share? Become an author of one of our “Girlfriendology Guides.” (And we’re always looking for eBook affiliates too!)
AND BLOGGERS … here’s some girlfriend advice on getting ready for a tradeshow or conference. Presented by The UPS Store in the #Print4BlogHer program, here’s this week’s prep for BlogHer: Doing the research before you go to a blogger conference.
Here’s the Girlfriend Buzz of the week …
Based on our Facebook.com/Girlfriendology community, women like these quotes and videos (and share them with their girlfriends!)
- “We look into mirrors but we only see the effects of our time on us – not our effects on others.” #quote Pearl Bailey http://ow.ly/5vR4Q
- “The true Republic: men, their rights & nothing more; women, their rights & nothing less.” #quote Susan B. Anthony http://ow.ly/5vNBE
- “It was we, the people; not we, the white male citizens; not we, the male citizens; but we the whole people who formed the Union.” http://ow.ly/5vNyR Susan B. Anthony
- “There are not many things in life so beautiful as true friendship, & not many things more uncommon.” http://ow.ly/5vmqS Thx @DuongSheahan for this great post on the power of friendship!
- “Friendship is as important to our health as exercise and eating right, especially for women.” Dr. Laura Triplette http://ow.ly/5vmnm Be healthy girlfriends – spend time with your fab friends!
- “A true friend reaches for your hand & touches your heart.” #quote unknown http://ow.ly/5lkCb
- “It is never too late to be what we might have been.” #quote MaryAnn Evans (aka: George Eliot) http://ow.ly/5vNno
- “Friendship doubles joy & halves grief.” #quote Egyptian Proverb http://ow.ly/5lkG5 Be there for a friend in the good & not-so-good times!
- “Growing up happens in a heartbeat. 1 day you’re in diapers, the next day you’re gone.” Memories. Family. Friends. Wonder(ful) Years. Today’s girlfriend video lunch break (: http://bit.ly/m1J5J0
- “Things won’t change, until we change things.” Today’s girlfriend video lunch break (especially for moms of girls) [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ytjTNX9cg0&feature=related[/youtube]
- “When I see your face, there’s not a thing that I would change. ‘Cause you’re amazing, just the way you are.” Today’s girlfriend video lunch break … “& when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for awhile. ‘Cause girl you’re amazing, just the way you are.” You are amazing girlfriend! [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjhCEhWiKXk[/youtube]
This week on Girlfriendology:
- Girlfriend advice on bra fitting - did you know 85% of us wear the wrong size?!
- Guest blog on Four Simple Things You Can Do Today to Improve Your Friendships by Dr. Andrea Bonior, our guest on this week’s BlogTalkRadio.com/Girlfriendology show
- More great girlfriend gifts!
- Judi’s Chocolate cravings and more!
Have a great week girlfriends!
Girlfriend photo from Flickr