Want to be happy at your job? Make a Friend! Want to have happy employees with high job retention? Encourage friendship at work!
The Journal of Business and Psychology states:
“Results indicate that employees’ perceptions of friendship opportunities in the workplace have direct effects on job involvement and job satisfaction, as well as indirect effects on organizational commitment and intention to turnover.”
Having friends at work is good for businesses (happy employees makes the workplace better, and increases job retention). Friends at work is good for employees too. We like working with people we, well, like!
As you may know, we’ve recently launched the “Girlfriendology Guides” – eBooks, audio books and webinars sharing women’s wisdom. Inspired by the findings that show that women with friends at work experience job satisfaction and (a great bonus for employers) job retention, we decided to share our girlfriend advice for friendships in the workplace.
GIRLFRIENDOLOGY 102: Simple Steps to More Fulfilling Friendships At Work (by Debba Haupert, founder of Girlfriendology) takes the concepts shared on Girlfriendology (and in the previous eBook: Girlfriendology 101 – see below) and applies them to friendship in the office, school, organization, company – wherever women women. Topics discussed cover:
- Making and keeping friendships with coworkers
- Friendships across the org chart – managers and employees
- Making new employees feel welcome
- Resolving conflict with coworkers who are friends
GIRLFRIENDOLOGY 102 is designed for employers and female employees. If you would like to purchase it for your employees, please contact info (at) Girlfriendology.com for the group rate for the size of your organization (number of women). Also, HR professionals who place a group order will receive a guide to helping your employees foster healthy friendships in the workplace.
Girlfriendology 102 is a version of ‘Girlfriendology 101: Simple Steps to More Fulfilling Friendships,’ by Girlfriendology founder, Debba Haupert. Based on the need that women have for female friendship (and the benefits that it brings), this eBook takes it a step further by adding inspiration for women on finding and maintaining friendships at work.
In it you’ll find:
• 5 Benefits of female friendship
• Answers the question: Aren’t guy friends the same?
• 7 Ways you can be a better friend
• 5 Steps to forgiving a friend and saving the friendship
• 5 Ways to go above and beyond being just a ‘good friend’
• 3 Great ways to make your friend feel as special as her friendship is to you
• 6 Girlfriend traditions you can start with your friends
• How girlfriends are like ‘shoes’ – and you need lots of different kinds of them!
• Talks about the one female friendship ‘thing’ not covered on Girlfriendology.com
GIRLFRIENDOLOGY 102 is the second in a series of the ‘Girlfriendology Guides‘ eBooks – books by women, for women – sharing women’s wisdom on a variety of helpful topics.
Girlfriendology.com is the online community for women based on inspiration, appreciation, and celebration of female friendship. Founded by Debba Haupert, Girlfriendology inspires women to be better friends and shares women’s wisdom through the Girlfriendology Guides.
- Be an eBook AUTHOR – Bloggers, business experts, moms, women with knowledge that would help other women … like possibly YOU! Have wisdom (aka: ‘girlfriend advice’) that can benefit other women? Want to build your brand, business and bank account?
- Have a topic that you’re the go-to girlfriend and helpful subject matter expert on? Have a community already who would love to purchase your knowledge? Able to commit some time towards writing the eBook and promoting it? If so, please share your idea for a Girlfriendology Guides eBook. Explain why you’re the best person to write on this topic and why women need your information/insight. Become a Girlfriendology Guides author!
- Be an eBook AFFILIATE – Bloggers, businesses and community managers can become an Affiliate by joining e-Junkie (link at bottom of page). Affiliates earn 40% of the sold price (up to $8/each). ALSO, if Affiliates would like, we can issue a special PROMO CODE to offer their communities a discount up to 40% (so affiliates would earn $4.75ish) and make it more attractive to your community. To request a promo code specific to your community, please send an email to info (at) girlfriendology.com and ask for an Affiliate Promo Code. We’ll customize it to your website name and send the information back to you.
- Here’s the GREAT part – you get to not only make money but you too get to participate in sharing women’s wisdom. Offer your community quality information products that inform and inspire. Become a Girlfriendology Guides Affiliate today!