It’s just around the corner but there’s still time to plan a great Super Bowl Sunday with your girlfriends or with your girl and guy friends. And we’ve go the girlfriend to share all the Daily Basics that you need to know. Thanks CYNTHIA BOGART for this girlfriend advice (aka: guest blog) for your Super Bowl Sunday celebration:
Okay Ladies – listen up. Super Bowl Sunday is right around the corner. Some of you love the game, some look forward to the half-time performance by the Black Eyed Peas and others simply wait for those guys to stop running around on the field so you can watch the commercials! Whatever you are into on this day, the gals are usually responsible for the food. Do yourself a favor. Plan a ‘help yourself and leave me alone’ kind of menu for your Super Bowl Party or you’ll miss your part of the game.
The best recommendation is … order out.
No, not pizza or Chinese. Really order out to the point that the UPS Store is your delivery man.
Check out these great companies that ship amazingly delicious food. They do ship overnight and Saturday delivery, so get your skates on and order!
- J & D’s Foods delivers up the bacon. That’s right. They make everything from bacon popcorn to baconnaise. You can order directly from them or on Amazon.com. Drink recommendation: Root Beer, Cream Soda
- Did you ever wonder where Buffalo wings got their name? How about from the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York. They are available by mail,too. Order here! Drink Recommendation: Guiness Black & Tan
- The Original Bacon Explosion is the most decadent bacon experience you will ever have. You can make it yourself or have them ship ready made to you. Drink Recommendation: Scotch
- Perhaps your guests have a more cultivated palate? Your might want to order Warm Lobster Spread or Chesapeake Crab Cakes from MacKenzie Limited for your party. Drink recommendation: Champagne cocktails
- Pigs in Blankets? Seriously? When they are from Omaha Steaks, we are. If you want to buy in person, they have store locations all over the country. If not, order online. Drink Recommendation: Sam Adams
- Did you know that Subway caters? What could be easier than getting a few trays of sandwiches with beer, chips and dips. Drink Recommendation: Light Beer
- If you are going to order out Italian, don’t do pizza this time. Try calzones. Order several with different stuffing and cut them into slices. The guys will LUV this! You can even make these yourself ! (P.S. order a few sides of calamari while you’re at it). Drink Recommendation: Chianti
- Do you have a group of Sushi lovers? Order a platter of sushi. Monster Sushi in New York has one of the largest selections but go to your local Japanese Sushi restaurant and order a few trays. Drink Recommendation: Saki
Cynthia Bogart – Editor
Mom, Wife, Magazine Editor… in that order. Cynthia Bogart has been a magazine editor, stylist and producer for Better Homes & Gardens publications which includes, Traditional Home, Country Home, Window & Wall Ideas, Kitchen & Bath Ideas, Beautiful Homes and others since 1994. Cynthia founded The Daily Basics.com with the premise that women did not want to give up their magazines but when online, could use a ‘magazine hit’ once a day for a few minutes. The Daily Basics is growing with the inclusion of a radio show partnered with Mary Spada of The Savvy Host, called At The Table, a new site called The DB Kids, launching later this spring, and The Daily Basics College, which will offer enrichment courses in person and online based on our content.