It’s been a great Month of Friendship here on Girlfriendology!
We’ve worked together with our Friendship Circle girlfriends and their blogs to celebrate friendship. And we’ve counted down 30 days and 30 ways to reconnect with old friends, meet new friends and, in general, be a better friend.
Research* shows that it takes 21-days to form or change a habit. (*okay, not sure who’s research, but I’ve always heard this!) So, 30 days mean we should be experts at ‘friendship,’ right? Not necessarily.
The dynamics of friendship are always changing. We connect, stay in touch – or don’t. Our lives change, our routines get out of routine; our children, relationships, jobs are always evolving. It’s no wonder our friendships can fluctuate, change and sometimes disappear. Life gets busy. We don’t think about spending time with our friends. We forget the good habits we’ve formed of staying in touch, caring for each other and making time in our lives for our friends.
To be honest, that’s why we started Girlfriendology – to provide an on-going source of inspiration for busy women – to remind us all to keep those friendships growing, prioritize the amazing women in your life and to appreciate and celebrate those fabulous female friends.
From ‘behind the scenes‘ at Girlfriendology, this ‘Month of Friendship‘ was several things … it was challenging. We shared guest blogs from our friends in the Friendship Circle and wrote new blog posts each day on ways you can reconnect, grow and enjoy your friends. ’30 days and 30 ways’ is a bit of an undertaking. But we did it – most often inspired by women in the Girlfriendology community. We posted lots of your comments and insights from our Facebook community – thanks for sharing with us!
This month has also been rewarding. We’ve seen the Girlfriendology community grow – so we know you’re connecting with other women and that you value your friends.
And this month has been inspiring. We admit – our goal is to inspire you and your friendships. You, however, have ended up inspiring us. You’re sharing your stories and making an effort to be a better friend. You’re making the community grow by sharing it with your friends and we’re just dang grateful for girlfriends!
We hope you’re in the habit of stopping back here at Girlfriendology for some of that inspiration and to get to know that amazing women who believe in friendship as well. If there is anything we can do to make the experience more inspiring, please share. That’s what girlfriends do.
Thanks for celebrating this month of friendship and let’s just keep the celebration of friendship continue, okay?
Here’s all of our Month of Friendship. How many ways can you be a better friend?
- Day 1: Throw a girlfriend dinner party
- Day 2: Girlfriend Gratitude
- Day 3: Social Media Friends
- Day 4: Make a memory gift for your girlfriend
- Day 5: Phone a Friend!
- Day 6: Plan a Girlfriend Trip
- Day 7: Pamper your Pals
- Day 8: Make a Friend Laugh
- Day 9: Start a Girlfriend Tradition
- Day 10: Go Shopping with your Girlfriends
- Day 11: Remember a friend you’ve lost, in honor of 9/11
- Day 12: Make dinner for your girlfriend
- Day 13: Send your girlfriend a card
- Day 14: Host a Girlfriend Happy Hour, GNO
- Day 15: Practice Random Acts of Kindness
- Day 16: Get a Mani/Pedi Together
- Day 17: Organize your closet with Girlfriend
- Day 18: Have a girlfriend movie or wii party
- Day 19: Go for a girlfriend walk together
- Day 20: Throw a all-about-you-girlfriend party
- Day 21: Make a girlfriend gift
- Day 22: Coffee with a girlfriend
- Day 23: Go explore with your girlfriend
- Day 24: Surprise your BFF
- Day 25: Take a class with your girlfriend(s)
- Day 26: Tell her how much her friendship means to you
- Day 27: Anticipate her needs
- Day 28: Ask a girlfriend for a favor
- Day 29: Thoughtful girlfriend gifts
- Day 30: Spend time with a friend