Honestly … I’m not plotting a feminine force to take over the world, I’m not, but I have to just wonder … what would happen if we women shared what we knew? If we didn’t hold back helpful information? If we helped each other out?
What problems would we solve? Diseases could we cure? Dreams could we reach? If we only stepped forward, volunteered our unique knowledge, collaborated, shared our positive energy, and basically helped each other achieve so much more than we can on our own.
I know, I’m a whimp, but that idea can bring tears to my eyes. We are a powerful, smart, amazing community – especially if we share what we know and support each other in reaching our potential.
Let’s try it. Let’s try sharing what we know. Let’s even start with little things like helping a new friend adapt to our neighborhood by sharing the best places/times to shop, or helping a new mom adjust with some tried-and-true tips, or teaching a friend what we know about LinkedIn. Let’s look out for each other – take meals to friends when they’re not well, water their plants when they’re on vacation or just find ways to make each others lives easier.
Share what you know. Help each other. Be a better friend … because life really is better together with your girlfriends!
p.s. Speaking of sharing info, there’s a wonderful series of audio/presentations on business topics shared at the recent Savvy Blogging Summit. Check them out – especially the SEO class, plus media kit, monetization, building community and J.D. Roth keynote. Just sharing what I know!
MONDAY – yep, Monday!
Join us for the July Girlfriendology Book Club as we discuss “Women Food and God,” by Geneen Roth. When?
Monday, July 26th from 7-8pm ET
Join us on Girlfriendology – even if you haven’t read the book. You’ll have fun chatting with girlfriends online!
Stop by to the Girlfriendology Book Club Book Store!
* Who’s on LinkedIn (and needs a LinkedIn profile!)? Job Seekers, Bloggers and Girlfriends! Recently several girlfriends (as well as a great group of professional women I spoke to yesterday!) asked for advice on how to create a great LinkedIn profile. So, since they were seeking this girlfriend advice, I thought I’d share with the rest of my girlfriends (aka: YOU!). First, who needs to have a LinkedIn profile? Without blinking: “YOU.” The number of professional people and companies on LinkedIn is … Read More »
* Frugal Girlfriend Fun – Being on a budget (or trying to be!) doesn’t mean you don’t have to give up spending time with your friends. Today’s guest blog by BRANDY WATTS, of Savin’ Some, shares some great girlfriend advice for frugal and fun girlfriend get-togethers. (Also, be a better friend to a friend looking for a job or trying to save money by planning an affordable girl’s night out!) | Frugal Girlfriend Fun!! If you like to have fun with the girls but are on a limited budget, have no fear … Read More »
* Girlfriends – Good for your Health – How’s your health, girlfriend? To be honest, my girlfriend Allison’s* health (having dealt with some pretty serious cancer surgeries) isn’t great. Yet, even in the midst of ‘stuff’ going on in her life, she still took time to forward me the following meaningful girlfriend message. (Thanks Allison!) | A Thought to Share – A a friend just finished taking an evening class at Stanford. The last lecture was on the mind-body connection – the relationship between stress and disease. The speaker …Read More »
* We’ve come a long way baby – FRIENDS in the time of “Mad Men.”
* A celebration of Female Friendship – celebrate it!
The Latest BUZZ:
* We need YOUR girlfriend stories! Every week we’ll feature one story of girlfriends who inspire, assist, challenge, celebrate our friendship.
Join us Monday for #FNI – Foodies’ Night In Twitter Party on Monday, 4-6pm EST with girlfriends from Cooking With Caitlin. Come talk food with some great foodie friends!
Girlfriendology BlogTalkRadio guest: CATHIE BECK
How do you celebrate friendship? How ’bout with some ‘cheap cabernet?’ Actually, that’s the name of a NEW girlfriend book that just launched this week by our guest today – CATHIE BECK. Cathie wrote this award-winning memoir, Cheap Cabernet: A Friendship, a wickedly funny and smart memoir about female friendship. This is going to be a fun, friend-filled conversation – . LISTEN IN TO THIS GREAT GIRLFRIEND!
Thanks JANNA ANTENORCRUZ for your great insights in sharing our stories in last week’s BlogTalkRadio show. LISTEN IN – you’ll be inspired!
Girlfriend Gifts & Links!
Girlfriendology Girlfriend Gifts - Perfume, jewelry and more. Exclusive Girlfriendology gifts, all made in the U.S. and great ways to remind her how much her friendship means to you.
Thanks for shopping from these and our other affiliates for girlfriend gifts and more! Sierra Trading Post – Great Deals, Great Brands, UncommonGoods – uncommon gifts!, Handbag Heaven – Best Selling Handbags, OldNavy.com – Trends & Sales (great combo!), American Express® Gift Cards – for every occasion, Affordable Scarves – Style and savings!, GiftTree.com – gifts, gift baskets, wine, etc.!, Crocs.com – Feel the love!, Gift Ideas from Vera Bradley, Endless.com – shoes, purses & more, and save big at drugstore.com!, Orbitz.com- Take a Girlfriend Trip!
Note: Girlfriendology is funded by affiliate shopping – so shop away! (Please, for your girlfriends?!)
“When you’re down & troubled, & you need a helping hand, & nothing, no nothing is going right. Close your eyes & think of me & soon I will be there to brighten up even your darkest nights.”
Show girlfriend gratitude for those friends who will brighten up even your darkest nights, girlfriend! Have a fun, friend-filled weekend!