Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte. Alone, they’re not ‘Sex and the City.’ Girlfriends need each other.
Maybe you love them or you hate them. Maybe you don’t even care … but they do offer an interesting insight into girlfriends who consider each other soul-mates. They’ve been through boyfriends, husbands, ex-husbands, kids, parents, jobs and life together – as girlfriends do. And they’ve come out of it with laughs, tears, memories and forever friendships.
Plus, you’ve got to love that Mr. Big said to Carrie’s girlfriends (shared in this guest blog), “You’re the loves of her life and a guy’s just lucky to come in fourth.”
Love them or not, at least we all have our own shot at fabulous female friendships. Where we are fashionable just by sitting with a friend. That our shoes don’t make us, as much as our shared experiences. And that a Cosmo is just a cocktail, the real treat is knowing that you’re loved, accepted and appreciated by a true BFF.
Call up a girlfriend or two or more and get together this Memorial Day weekend. Go see Sex and the City 2, scrapbook or just take a long walk together. Make Memorial Day a weekend where you make memories – with your friends.
The ‘THIS MONDAY NIGHT’ Girlfriendology Book Club
THIS Monday night – when you’re tired of hanging out with your family for the long weekend, join your girlfriends (and author Claire Cook!) as we chat online about The Wildwater Walking Club, this month’s Girlfriendology Book Club book.
This week on Girlfriendology …
* Sometimes it’s tough to be a better friend when girlfriends live far away. Meet my college girlfriends Rhonda and Deana. In college we were next door in our dorm but now they live hours away. I’m happy that we’re still good friends and we all want to stay that way. Being long distance makes it a bit of a challenge to be a better friend. So, here are some ways that we’ve maintained our friendships and been able to stay in touch … Read More »
* Making a Girlfriend Gift - Part of the fun of girlfriend birthdays is the celebration we get to have with them – of their birthday and of our friendship. Recently it was my college BFF’s birthday. We celebrated with a party at a local restaurant where so many of her friends joined us to make sure her birthday was happy. I thought I’d capture the wonderful event and all the friends who love her so much in a girlfriend gift – the gift of a … Read More »
* Guest blog by author CLAIRE COOK – author of our Book Club book, The Wildwater Walking Club – Do you love a good book, a wonderful author and a great Book Club?! Well, we’ve got all three for you today – plus a wonderful guest blog from the author of ‘May Girlfriendology Book Club book) – CLAIRE COOK. “Take a Walk on The WILDWATER Side with Me! I was sitting on a restaurant patio overlooking the … Read More »
* How can you make your friend’s life better? As women we often ‘tend’ to our community by volunteering. We help our kids sell Girl Scout cookies or candy bars for their band. We donate diapers, food, time and money to community organizations. We serve on the board of organizations who work together to make our cities and others better. We don’t ask for pay or even expect anything in return, it’s just what we do – right? As girlfriends, sometimes we don’t see the same type opportunities to … Read More »
* Mr. Big, Mothers, Girlfriends and being a Better Friend - Touching and true account of girlfriends, aging and being there for each other. (Read and share!)
* 10 Tips for being a Best Friend – Forever – Friendship expert Irene Levine shares info, insight and inspiration on being a forever friend.
* Success tips for Girlfriends with Goals – Get a girlfriend accountability group going. They’ll make sure you reach for the stars – and grab them!
* Top Ten Girlfriend Gift Shopping Sites - Because, we all love girlfriend gifts!
Plus, we’re quoted in MSN’s Glo.com magazine – check it out!
Memory Gifts – Because I don’t want to forget one smile from a friend!
I remember … talking and laughing in the middle of the night with my college BFF, blowing off studying to go to the ice cream shop which was just an excuse to hang out together and shopping at Goodwill then showing off our cheap clothes. (Those were the days!)
I don’t want to forget memories of being with my friends – they’re just too priceless. After making this memory gift for my college BFF, I thought you too might want to celebrate Memorial Day by capturing some great girlfriend memories for/with your friends …
- Encyclopedia of Scrapbooking – Beginners to experienced scrapbookers alike will find helpful insights and inspiration on tools, techniques, layouts in this great guide.
- Cricut Personal Electronic Cutting Machine - The ultimate gift for a crafter, scrapbooker or those with lots of kids school projects.
- Scrapbook Embellishments - Girlfriends embellish our lives. Return the favor!
Friends Create Memories Bracelet - Sterling BFF bangle that she’ll love!
Scrapbooks Etc. Magazines – Just a monthly reminder of how much her friendship means to you.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
Go for it Girlfriend! Go after your dreams! Have a fun, friend-filled holiday weekend. And, be a better girlfriend!
Debba Haupert, Girlfriendology founder