Today’s creative ideas for being a better friend!
- Was it fun to receive and work with lots of creative products? (And does my basement still look like a mini Michaels?!) Sure.
- Did I enjoy being on HGTV (with the creative and kind Carol Duvall, shown below), QVC and PBS? Definitely.
- Was writing a book something I got to check off my dream board? Yep.
But, by far, the best thing about it was the creative girlfriends I met and the lasting friendships I made with some amazing women like my BFF Jill (shown here) – a superstar designer, plus girlfriends Katie Hacker, Lisa, Vicki, Renee (see below!) and many more!
Together girlfriends come up with creative solutions, create new ways to inspire each other and find fun ways to be a better friend.
Join us on Girlfriendology for a creative approach to friendship and inspiration for being a better friend because life really is better together with your girlfriends!
My girlfriend Terri is enjoying this month’s Girlfriendology Book Club book and so am I – are you?! It’s not only fun to read, but it’s inspiring me to get walking (and talking!) with my girlfriends! If you haven’t picked it up yet, there’s still time to read Wildwater Walking Club, this month’s Girlfriendology Book Club book.
Mark your calendar for Memorial Day Night! Monday, May 31st, 7-9pm EST when we’ll chat online about this book with the fabulous author Claire Cook! And stop by Girlfriendology (and our Facebook page) to recommend books for some summer reading and our June/July Book Clubs!
Want some girlfriend-recommended books and gifts? Check out our Book Club Book Store!
* What to be more creative? Spend time with your girlfriends! I’m blessed with creative girlfriends. They love knitting, scrapbooking, painting, jewelry-making and anything involving glitter and glue! They have artsy homes and wear funky clothing. I’ve seen certifiable creative women who dress only in their signature color. My friend Cindy loves purple – A LOT. She wears purple clothing, jewelry and even purple mascara – now that’s creative in my opinion! (And how can I not think of her when I see anything purple while shopping?!) Some of my girlfriends don’t consider themselves ‘creative.’ They are more … Read More »
Regardless of what Betty White says, we still love Facebook and all the fun friends we’re connecting with there. Stop by our Facebook page for great girlfriend conversations, funny video lunch breaks (like this one) and friendly connections. Plus we’re sharing inspiring quotes, girlfriend gift links and fun updates. Join us there and on Twitter!
Did you know we have a Girlfriendology LINKEDIN group? Come meet other amazing women and inspire each other – to reach our dreams and celebrate our successes!
Did you notice the NEW Facebook LIKE button on Girlfriendology? Click-it (the LIKE button) and share the inspiration with the women who inspire you! (Shown here in the white circle at the bottom of a recent blog post.)
Also, on our Facebook page under the orange Girlfriendology ‘friendship flower’ it says “Suggest to Friends.” Pass along a little girlfriend inspiration to your friends! Good girlfriend karma is a great thing!
Girlfriendology BlogTalkRadio guest: LAURIE TURK, Tip Junkie!
We’re wrapping up our week of ‘creative’ girlfriend advice with this friend who, like so many of us, is a Tip Junkie! She’s got lots of creative tips on crafty solutions, organization secrets, decorating details and more – and she’ll share them with us TODAY at 2:00pm EST! (11am PST) Don’t miss the tips! LISTEN IN!
Creative Gifts for Creative Girlfriends
Women are just created to be creative! We can tie a scarf in 14 different ways, make dinner from a freezer of mystery meat and a can of veggies, and we can accessorize to make heads turn when we enter the room! So, give a girlfriend gift that shows how much your admire her creative flair!
- Do you ZOLO? Check out these creative tools/toys for adults and kids.
- The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women - A ‘portable mentor’ and great book my creative girlfriend Jill gave me!
- My favorite crafts magazine – CRAFTS – from England. Just cool designs and lots of inspiration!
- Speaking of scarfs and accessorizing, wouldn’t your girlfriend love this 100% Satin Charmeuse Silk Van Gogh’s “Irises” Long Scarf Shawl
- Need some help giving a great (and creative) girlfriend gift? Creative and Thoughtful Gift Giving – Easy Ideas for making gift special.
If you’ve got girlfriends – YOU’RE BLESSED! Show your girlfriend gratitude with these “Girlfriend Blessing” gifts.
Girlfriendology Girlfriend Gifts – Perfume, jewelry and more. Exclusive Girlfriendology gifts, all made in the U.S. and great ways to remind her how much her friendship means to you.
More girlfriend gift shopping! NEW affiliate shopping options:
Send Out Cards and never even leave your laptop! It’s a great way to stay in touch and promote you/your business
Renee send me a couple friendship books she found at Goodwill along with a sweet note about Girlfriendology and our friendship. Wow – talk about a cherished gift from a cherished friend. It made me cry. Thanks Renee for your friendship, inspiration, thoughtfulness and for knowing that I would LOVE it – because it came from you!
It’s simple, it can be cheap/free, it can be just a note or a hug. It doesn’t take a lot to be a better friend.
Who do you need to surprise with a fun package? (Maybe visit Goodwill and see what potential girlfriend gifts inspire you!)
Girlfriend – Be a Renee! Show your friends how much their friendship means to you! And … be a better girlfriend!
Debba Haupert, Girlfriendology founder