“A bottle of red, a bottle of white, whatever kind of mood you’re in tonight.”
Want some great girlfriend advice for women who love wine – and books? We got it!
Our girlfriends at WINE SISTERHOOD, and sponsor of this month’s Girlfriendology Book Club, will join us for Monday night’s online event (as well as bestselling author KRIS RADISH, author of this month’s book: ‘The Elegant Gathering of White Snows‘). They also have some great girlfriend advice on wine for our online book club on Monday:
Wine, Women & Books – Wine Pairing Advice by Mary Ann Vangrin, Wine Sisterhood
There are a lot of wine and food pairings rules, but the best one is: don’t worry about the rules—eat what you like and like what you drink. But because we thought it would be fun, we thought of some wine pairing suggested by the types of books you may be reading.
Wine Sisterhood Guide to Pairing Wine for your Book Club
- Chick Lit—Chardonnay because everybody knows we ladies love our Chard.
- Historical fiction—Something serious yet sexy, like Pinot Noir.
- Biography—The king of grapes, Cabernet Sauvignon. Even if you’re reading about a Queen.
- History—A distinguished wine with character like Merlot.
- Fantasy—Light and white like Riesling or pretty and pink like dry Rosé.
- Mystery—Zinfandel. Perfect for dark and stormy nights.
- Self-Help—Pinot Grigio. And lots of it.
- Romance—Champagne, of course!
For Monday’s Book Club selection, just treat yourself to your own very favorite wine, relax and enjoy! Cheers!
Isn’t that great girlfriend advice for women who love wine?! And women who love books!? Share your thoughts on the best wine by genre.
Check out how the FAB First Annual Wine Sisterhood Gathering!
More girlfriend advice for Book Clubs:
- Girlfriend Book Club Review: The Glass Castle, by Jeannette Walls
- Girlfriend Book Club & Girlfriend Traditions – Plus Book Review: State of Wonder, by Ann Patchett
- 10 Girlfriend Traditions You Can Start Today – You’ll be Glad You Did!
- Recipe for a Great Girlfriend Book Club – Appetizers, Wine & Laughter
- Friendship Brunch | New and Old Traditions by Guru Lisa Sarick
- The Girlfriend’s Guide to Book Club Therapy | Guest Blogger Betsy Talbot
- 3rd Day of Friendship – Girlfriend Traditions | Book Club, Ornaments & Lots of Laughter
- Girlfriend Traditions | Book Club, Ornaments & Lots of Laughter
- 5 More Ideas for celebrating Fall & Friends | Autumn Girlfriend Advice
- Books for Women | Book Club Books, Books Women Love
By the way, we LOVE guest blogs here at Girlfriendology. Have a great girlfriend story to tell? Want to celebrate your fabulous female friends? SHARE! (And, we also have Girlfriend Gurus – check that out to be featured on Girlfriendology!) SIGN UP for our weekly newsletter and get our FREE eBook ‘30 Days / 30 Ways to Be a Better Friend‘ - check it out! Don’t forget to make your girlfriends feel special with perfect birthday gifts for women!
More to check out – Facebook.com/Girlfriendology and Twitter/@Girlfriendology where we’re connecting with over 60,000 women and Pinterest.com/Girlfriendology where we share visual inspiration and great quotes. More Girlfriend Friendship Quotes & did you see our INFOGRAPHIC on ‘What Women Want‘?
If you’re a brand, please contact us and check out more for Brands and Businesses who want to be Girlfriend Recommended. And – THANKS to YOU Girlfriend!
Note: Girlfriendology does share affiliate links from time to time. However, we only recommend products that we’d honestly share with a girlfriend.