Isn’t it great that girlfriends help us through all phases of our lives? From pre-school playmates to life-long cherished friends, we all NEED girlfriends. And, there are tons of benefits of having girlfriends and even more great ways to spend time together.
Preparing for a presentation to 150 Girl Scouts next week, I found the following WikiHow info on fun activities for teen girlfriends. (But even we grown up girlfriends can get some ideas!)
Ever had a friend over and were super bored? Were you in need of some ideas? Now, before you invite your friends over make sure you’ve got a list of things to do so you will NEVER ever be bored again!
1. Do some cooking. Invite the girls over for the afternoon and cook! Provide all the ingredients before hand, or if you want to do it differently go to the supermarket beforehand with your gals and shop together for ingredients. Before your friends arrive at your house set out all the pots and pans and such that you will need and turn the oven to the right temperature, if needed, for the recipe. When everyone gets there, blast some fun music and assign everyone to a certain task such as ‘Elizabeth does the chopping’, ‘Susan’ cleans the veggies, ‘Anna’ boils the rice, etc. Talk and have a good time!
2. Browse the shops! Everybody loves shopping, right? But not everybody has the money all the time to do so. Browsing is just as fun. Grab a group of two – four girls and head to the mall or another large store nearby. Walk in and out of any store that you find interesting. Try going to a clothing store and grab an outfit to try on. If you like the outfit, go into the changing rooms together and take a picture of it. Fun, fun, fun! After you’re all done browsing, head to the local diner to grab some fries to dip into your strawberry shakes, yum!
3. Dance the night away! Invite four – six friends over and head down to an open room and blast some music! Seriously, it is so much fun to dance and act crazy. My friends and I will videotape the whole thing so we can watch later on how crazy we were acting.
4. Make a slip ‘n’ slide and slip and slide. If the weather is hot and humid outside, what better way to have fun than to get wet? Invite your friends over for a watery day. Make a slip ‘n’ slide by putting a plastic tarp on a hill. Make sure you pin it into place so it doesn’t blow away! Then get the hose and pour nonstop water onto it while your girls and you slide down. Have a friendly water balloon fight afterward and dry off with towels, lemonade, and, yum!, brownies.
5. Get moving. Have a group of nine friends head to the park with you for some softball! Play fair! Or you could have relay races! Biking is another good activity to do with a group of two or three friends. Or rent a double-bike and go biking with your BFF.
6. Take pictures of your day and evening. Invite over three friends and take tons of pictures of you girls together. Then make a scrapbook! Fun!
7. Practice being a fashion model. Dress up in really fun clothes and do each other’s make-up. You will look really crazy when it’s all done. Then set up a long blanket and walk down the “red carpet” and afterward drink champagne (sparkling cider) and veggies and dip.
8. Do ‘karaoke’. Have karaoke night with your BFF’s. Sing your lungs out and have them videotape it. Make up crazy dance moves and just act goofy. It’s really fun, seriously.
9. Pamper your pet. This may sound weird, but having doggie spa night is actually fun. Invite your BFF and her dog over and do a spa night for your two dogs. But you kind of have to have an easy-going dog to do this. Paint their nails, put their hair up in pigtails, and dress them up in scarves, hats, sunglasses, etc.
10. Have a night of bracelet making and bowling. You don’t have to be good to have fun at bowling. Bring a bracelet making set and a group of friends to the bowling alley and bowl. While the others are bowling everyone else makes friendship bracelets and so on! It’s really fun.
11. Whatever you do, have fun with it. Smile, laugh (after all, laughing is the best medicine), and make the most of everything.
12. Make your own facial scrub. Mix the sea salt and sugar together with enough olive oil to make a paste thick enough for you to scoop it, but thin enough for you to easily spread over the face and neck. Gently exfoliate the skin with the salt-sugar-oil mixture for up to one minute. Rinse off with warm water.
- Apply a hot wet towel over the face and neck area to open up the pores. Let set for up to 30 seconds, or for as long as it is comfortable.
- Mash the banana or avocado. Apply this mask to the face and neck, and let set for 15 minutes. Wipe off, then rinse the face with warm water.
- Repeat Step Two, applying a hot wet towel over the face and neck area.
- Create a paste with the baking soda, lemon juice and warm water. As in Step One, it should be thick enough for you to scoop it, but thin enough for you to easily spread over the face and neck. Gently cleanse the face for up to one minute. Rinse with warm water.
- Close the pores by splashing the face and neck area with cold water.
What fun activities do you and your girlfriends enjoy? Grown up girlfriends or teen BFFs, share your ideas for wonderful ways to spend time together with your friends!
By the way, we LOVE guest blogs here at Girlfriendology. Have a great girlfriend story to tell? Want to celebrate your fabulous female friends? SHARE! (And, we also have Girlfriend Gurus – check that out to be featured on Girlfriendology!) SIGN UP for our weekly newsletter and get our FREE eBook ‘30 Days / 30 Ways to Be a Better Friend‘ - check it out! Don’t forget to make your girlfriends feel special with perfect birthday gifts for women!
More to check out – Facebook.com/Girlfriendology and Twitter/@Girlfriendology where we’re connecting with over 50,000 women (we block guys!) and Pinterest.com/Girlfriendology where we share visual inspiration and great quotes. More Girlfriend Friendship Quotes & did you see our INFOGRAPHIC on ‘What Women Want‘?
THANKS to our 2013 Sponsor – Biz Stain Fighter and Mean Green Degreaser (check out their coupons!). If you’re a brand, please contact us and check out more for Brands and Businesses who want to be Girlfriend Recommended. And – THANKS to YOU Girlfriend!
Note: Girlfriendology does share affiliate links from time to time. However, we only recommend products that we’d honestly share with a girlfriend.